1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 15, 2012 4:10 PM by Dan_Intel

DZ77RE-75K Won't POST Without Bios Jumper in "config" 2-3 Position

jeremysbrain

First, thanks in advance!

This all started when I attempted updating my bios to version 59.  After reading the horror stories about using the Windows updater, I used the USB stick method.  It hung after about 10 seconds, and I left it for 2 days just to avoid resetting and possibly damaging the bios, but after those 2 days, I really didn't have a choice.

I reset it, and it went into a loop where it would reset itself every 5-10 seconds.  That's been solved by others by recovering the bios.  I was able to (somewhat) recover the bios by inserting a USB stick, and removing the bios jumper.

Now, the computer boots into the bios configuration with the bios jumper in the "config" 2-3 position, but when I switch it back to the 1-2 "normal" position,  it makes 2 long beeps, which indicates a lack of display.  I have a display plugged into a PCIe x16 graphics card that works fine, I just can't get the bios to realize that.  It works fine in the bios configuration, and once I get it into Windows.  My dilemma is that I don't want the other people that use this computer to have to tell the bios where to boot every time.

Any ideas?