Windows 8 64bits - Portuguese.
DX79TO - 0460 - 03/27/2012SIX7910J.86A.0460.2012.0327.1627
This F7 method. If I press ENTER, my desktop shutdown!! All BIOS I tested...
If I use Windows method, boot disk and iFlash I press ENTER and shutdown...
I can't update my Bios... I remove BIOS JUMP in my motherboard and my PC dont start...
My motherboard is new! I don't have any idea... And I have many bugs to install Windows in RAID... ETC...
Thanks for the information Rafael.
I know that you already tried to install BIOS version 0494, but please perform the following steps before and then try it again.
- Take your system out of the chassis with minimal configuration. (Motherboard, processor, power supply, 1 memory stick and video card)
- Remove the CMOS battery and leave the system without it for about an hour. Then put it back on and restart the system. http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-028780.htm?wapkw=clear+cmos+battery#datetime
- Same BIOS version 0494 on an empty flash drive and using the F7 method try to update the BIOS. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=21234&lang=eng&OSVersion=%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09%09%09%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09%09&DownloadType=BIOS
note that the recovery method by removing the jumper will take some time, in the order of 3-4 minutes to display an image on the screen. You might think its not booting, but it will get there.
That was the only way I could get mine to take the update.
After getting 0553 on there, I was able to go to 0590 trouble free using Windows.
Rafael, can you try BIOS recovery method but using BIOS version 0515?
These are the steps you need to follow.
1. Save BIOS version 0515 on an empty flash drive. This file needs to be the only one on it.
2. Remove the BIOS jumper. The system will take you to the BIOS page automatically.
3. Then, the system is going to start the installation of the BIOS... takes 3-5 minutes.
4. Do not interrupt the process because it could damage the board.
5. Once the BIOS had being updated the system will give you a message that it was complete.
6. Shut down the system in order to place the BIOS jumper again on position 1 and 2.
7. Press F2 to go to the BIOS and check if the BIOS were updated.
Let me know the results please. Sorry for the inconvenience, but it is necessary to try another version just to discard if you got a defective board.
Also, before doing this please do a clear CMOS by removing the battery and the power complete from the motherboard.