1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 4, 2012 4:59 PM by Brad

MB DH77EB and XP compatibility question

earlc2

MB DH77EB and XP compatibility question

I just upgraded MB to the DH77EB and i3225 processor using 2x4 DDR3 1600 CL9 Kingston memory, and using my old IDE drive with SATA to Ide adaptor [changed Bios Sata setting to IDE so drive would boot}. Here’s my problem: After loading XP Home Edition clean install, it seems to load fine and boots fine, but when I put Install disk in optical drive it doesn’t load onto Desktop so I can load the drivers. Nor can I load them from Explore. When I try to load them from Explore I get this message/messages:

EIProcessCaller.exe- Entry point not found

The procedure entry point DecodePointer could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.

Or:

DxSysChk.exe- Entry point not found

Unregm2.exe3- Entry point not found

and etc.

I really need to get on the Internet so I can go to Microsoft and re-register XP on that computer. Can you help me with this problem?

Thanks for your help.

• 1. Re: MB DH77EB and XP compatibility question
          Brad

The error message you wrote appears to have something to do with the various patches and service packs needed to get XP up and running and not related to your motherboard. The last time I installed XP I was downloading and installing updates and patches for a whole day before I could even get the OS to a state where another service pack would install. The final straw was when XP wouldn't support AHCI on my model board, which really does offer a significant performance boost to disc I/O. That's when I just broke down and bought another copy of Windows 7.

It's quite possible you might get XP to work although Intel writes your model motherboard is supported under Windows XP "as-is" meaning they aren't offering any more support for the board with XP. It's your choice of course but I would suggest buying a copy of Windows 7 and forget XP.

1 of 1 people found this helpful