Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

My wifi dashboard wi-fi direct always off at startup

idata
Employee

Hello,

I recently reformatted my Dell Insriron 17r laptop and installed the new version of my wifi dashboard and associated software and drivers. My question is this: with this new version, when I turn on my laptop the wifi direct and hotspot switches are turned off. I must manually turn both these switches on after I start my laptop. That doesn't seem quite right to me. With the older version that was on my laptop, the hotspot went active automatically upon computer startup. Did I set something up wrong or is it suppose to work like this? Thanks.....

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Mick,

Due to security reason for the new version it should be off when turning on the system, so it would be a expected behavior.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

This makes it impossible to use the system as an unattended hotspot. Every reboot will require manual intervention. The autostartup was optional in version 14.x. How do we get around this? Are there any plans to reintroduce it?

0 Kudos