1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 12, 2012 7:49 PM by gottogo99

DZ68DB Fast Boot Video Optimization, can't boot w/SRT

gottogo99

I've had a DZ68DB board with a 64GB SSD and a 1TB HDD installed since summer 2011.  Until recently I used the SSD as a boot drive and the HDD as a data drive, always using Windows 7 x64.  The drives were running in RAID although I did not have any arrays (RAID ready).  I like a fast boot time and had all three optimizations enabled in BIOS under Boot, Fast Boot.

I got tired of juggling data between the two drives and yesterday finished reinstalling Win 7 x64 onto the HDD with the SSD now a cache drive using Smart Response Technology, Maximized mode.  Acceleration seems to be working fine, not as fast as a plain SSD when booting up but applications load very quickly.  So far, so good.

I had turned all optimizations off during the reinstall and I turned them back on.  Couldn't boot, it appeared Windows couldn't find the operating system.  By process of elimination, I determined that enabling Video Optimization prevents booting.  When it's disabled, everything works normally.  No issues with General or USB Optimizations enabled.

Additional info:  Using latest drivers from Intel.  Windows is fully updated.  BIOS is latest 0043.  CPU is i5-3570K, stock speed.  Previous install was MBR mode with SSD on SATA III port 0 and HDD on port 1.  Current install is UEFI/GPT mode with HDD on SATA III port 0 and SSD on port 1.

Suggestions welcome, in the meantime I'll keep Video Optimizations disabled.