Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

win8 - latest drivers crash system, PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AERA

idata
Employee

Hi,

when installing the latest driver (5th oct) on win 8 x64, I get a page fault crash and the system restarts. tried this several times, same result.

tried using the installer and the 'have driver' method.

previous driver seems to work so not sure what the big deal is here. the computer is otherwise totally stable.

since it crashes and I cant get the driver loaded, i'm not sure how to diagnose it?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Hello,

Could you please provide further information concerning what specific device driver you refer to? (i.e.: Graphics, network, SATA, etc.)

Also specify the full version numbers for the ones you mention as "latest" and "previous". In addition, let me know the model and manufacturer of the motherboard or computer, video controller and processor in your system.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

sorry for the huge delay in response, windows 8 wouldnt let me reply to the post, simply nothing happened when i pressed the reply button.

firstly, its gfx drivers, which i thought would be assumed since it was in the gfx section the processor is Core i5-3475S

secondly, to be honest, i dont care anymore since i've just gone back to windows 7 and the same drivers install just fine.

there is one thing though, there appears to be a new video bios included in the drivers, but mine was not updated. mine is still 2119.0 is this normal?

Message was edited by: Richard Rayner

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Hello,

The video BIOS is actually only provided and updated by the computer or motherboard manufacturer.

0 Kudos