Thank you for your post.
From the description you provide it may be caused due to two issues:
- A driver corruption,
- A failed network adapter.
First and easiest to do is try a repair:
- Click on start, then on control panel
- Now click on programs and features, or uninstall a program.
- Click on Intel® PROSet wireless/WiFi Software.
- Click on next, then on repair.
If this does not work we would recommend re-installing the drivers from your laptop manufacturer’s website.
If apart from the error messages you can also not detect the wireless adapter in device manager under ‘network adapters’ or under ‘other devices’ then a driver install will not work, you would need to contact the laptop manufacturer for a hardware replacement.