6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2012 5:08 AM by Ziad Aghar

Intel Mobo DB75EN ME_STATE LED (blue death)

Chris

On a new build with these parts:

MB:           Intel BOXDB75EN LGA 1155 Intel B75 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

RAM:         Intel Core i5-3450S Ivy Bridge 2.8GHz (3.5GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 65W Quad-Core Desktop

MEMORY: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

VIDEO:      On-board Video only, no PCI-e Card installed yet

P/S:           CoolMax 650W Power Supply   Model#: NW-650B

When I put it all together, (1st time power up) the ME_STATE LED came on blue for aprox 5-7 seconds then went out and standby green led stays lit.

Except the P/S fan from time to time, nothing(I mean nothing) turns on

I tested the 24 pins on the P/S as well as the 4pin 12v CPU adaptor and the voltages all read within .1 and .2 volts above or below the listed voltage.

The NewEgg and Power eXtream wattage calculator states that even a 400w P/S at 90% should run this current setup.

I have removed te Bios Battery to reset the bios and nothing changed.  Most articles, I have found remotely close to this, state it can be anything from a bad P/S to a Bad Mobo, bad CPU or Bad Memory.  Thats not a lot to go on.

Help.

• 2. Re: Intel Mobo DB75EN ME_STATE LED (blue death)
          Chris

Can Anyone help?

• 3. Re: Intel Mobo DB75EN ME_STATE LED (blue death)
            Chris

This community forum is apparently useless.  So much for Intel.

• 4. Re: Intel Mobo DB75EN ME_STATE LED (blue death)
              Ziad Aghar

Dear Chris,

It's true that Intel's support has hit rock bottom & I FULLY understand your frustration.

Your PSU is more than enough to power up your rig. When you said that nothing is powering up, I guess that your PSU is included to.

Most probably it's a dead mobo but, let's make sure:

1. First I need you to take the motherboard out of the case & place it on an antic static bed "be sure to discharge yourself from static electricity as well"
              2. Make sure that the CPU is seated properly along with its fan & plug the fan power on the MB.
              3. Install ONE memory in the first blue DIMM
              4. Connect the 24 pin & the 4 pin from your PSU onto your MB, nothing else.
              5. Connect your Optical drive to the SATA II "No SSD or any HDD for now"
              6. Connect the power from the PSU to your drive
              7. Connect the Keyboard & mouse preferably using the PS2
              8. Plug the Monitor using the DVI or VGA  

You'll need a mini speaker cause I don' think your MB comes with one. So take the one from your case & attach it to your MB

Power it up & if there are any beeps just record them & post it here. We'll take it one step at a time

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 5. Re: Intel Mobo DB75EN ME_STATE LED (blue death)
                Chris

Thank you very much for answering and helping out.  I wanted to let you know your time answering and helping out wasn’t wasted.  I haven’t  put a pc together on over 10 years and a lot has changed since then. 

I already RMAed all the parts from Newegg in hopes that they would diag the Memory, Motherboard, and CPU in hopes they would test then and ID which part malfunctioned or if the P/S with its standard Amperage on the 12v ports caused the issue.  Unfortunately their answer was, “We took your word that all the parts were bad and replaced them with all new ones, have a nice day.”

Maybe I was born in the wrong generation, but I wish they would tell me what went wrong.

Working on a concrete floor on a wooden bench and put all the parts in to the case, taking an hour to test each connector on the new 750w power supply which had every certificate from here to the moon.  The power came on and I even ran a memory test the first chance I got.  Thankfully the motherboard has a small cylinder speaker on it and no POST errors sounded off as well.  It all worked and so far so good.

Now I have a great PC, but still wish someone would have diagnosed the other hardware.  As I searched around, it seems that failed hardware is becoming so common, return policies are part of nearly every computer component purchase. 

My frustration remains with how things like this happen and are accepted and a mere replacement is given with no understanding as to why the problem happen in the first place.  To this day I still cannot find out the STATE light codes or what it stands for other than what little I have seen on youtube. 

Again, thanks for willing to lend a hand.

• 6. Re: Intel Mobo DB75EN ME_STATE LED (blue death)
                  Ziad Aghar

Don't worry it was a pleasure to have assisted you. Sellers "especially big ones like Newegg" calculate it as time consuming. Rather than testing each component & diagnosing the problem, it's much less time to just replace everything.

Customer support isn't what it used to be. I tried contacting Intel's CS & trust me it's easier to contact the president then reaching someone. Moreover if you were lucky enough to reach someone, the people who are on the other end aren't that well tech savvy. It's kids & the support is like cowboy weekend

I have been in your shoes before hence, I'm glad that your sys is up & running,

PM me if u need anything else