3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2013 3:29 PM by Carlos Filho

DH77EB : report of major bugs and need of information

DegraeveF

Hello intel engineers,

I just bought the motherboard  and found out 3 major bugs on the latest bios EB 0089. So I rolled back to the previous official bios 71 and now so far so good for me.

bugs EB 0089 :

- the bios won't let me disable the intern cpu video card and use only the pci express. (I've got a radeon hd4850 fyi). the weirdest thing is I could use the maintenance mode only in visual bios and it worked with my hd4850...

- sometimes, the hard disks are not visible in the boot disk order drive. After a boot in maintenance mode, they will be visible. Back in normal mode, they would be invisible again (but always visible in the list of sata devices!)

- the bios is confused between the advanced mode and classic mode for the boot order. it will only propose the advanced mode in visual bios but it's using normal mode in reality (should go in classic mode to see that mode). sometimes, it will even reset the normal mode.

I hope these bugs will be fixed in the future.

I'd appreciate to have some details on (from http://downloadmirror.intel.com/21749/eng/EB_0089_ReleaseNotes.pdf)

- Fixed issue where default value of memory voltage for Proposed and Active column on the Performance page is not correct.

- Fixed issue where hardware monitor memory voltage value is incorrect.

- Fixed multiple issues in fan speed control configuration related to voltage sensor multipliers and fan sensors.

and what do you advise for the voltages? It looks like they are different from what I remember between the bios 71 and 89.

After that, this motherboard is good. VT-d works perfectly and Visual Bios looks promising. Keep doing great motherboards.B

Thanks

--

Frederic

http://alapointe.degraeve.us