Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

How do I upgrade my graphics card so I can play on games?

idata
Employee

Hello,

I tried to play on a game and it said I needed to upgrade my graphics card and re-directed me to this site. I get this error message:

Product DetectedIntel® Processor Graphics 2000Current Driver Installed 8.15.10.2342

A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer.

The Intel Driver Update Utility is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver

instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues.

Contact your computer manufacturer for the latest driver for your computer.

I don't know anything about computers so didn't want to take any chances downloading anything without consulting help. Am I not able to upgrade the graphics card on this computer? Heres some info about my computer:

Computer ManufacturerAcerComputer ModelHMA51_HROperating System (O/S)Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1Operating System Build (O/S)(build 7601), 64-bitOperating System (version)6.1.7601System RAM6.1 GBCD or DVD DeviceSlimtype DVD A DS8A5SHSystem Hard Drive OverviewSystem Total Storage Size:450.7 GBLocal Disk not detectednot detectedUsed space:not detectedFree Space:not detected

Can anyone help me with what to do in order to upgrade my graphics, or am I not able too? Haven't had this laptop wrong so I'm disappointed I can't play games with the current graphics card, hoping there is something I can do in order to play them and avoid causing technical issues?

Thanks in advance, and if there is an opportunity for me to upgrade, I really don't understand any technical speak so please keep it as basic and easy to follow as possible.

0 Kudos
1 Reply