2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2012 9:31 AM by nails

DQ35JO and expansion card

Ayrton

I have Intel® Desktop Board DQ35JO and i install some expansion card on PCIe which provide 2x USB3.0 external and 2x SATA-III port internal

i want change my old HDD in internal bay with new SSD SATA-III with interface SATA-III from expansion card (because my board only support SATA-II)

then i install fresh copy Windows 7 Home Premium

After that, i remove my old HDD from internal bay

i want use new that SSD as bootable

my question is can it works?

can i running pc with bootable SSD from SATA-III interface (from installed expansion card PCIe) with Windows 7 Home Premium

Thank you

• 1. Re: DQ35JO and expansion card
          Dan_Intel

Hello,

We would like to inform you that the PCI Express* slot on this motherboard is not designed for expansion cards so the possibilities it is recognized properly are odd. Our best suggestion is contacting the device manufacturer directly for further compatibility information.

• 2. Re: DQ35JO and expansion card
            nails

The DQ35JO uses the Q35 chipset which features support for PCI Express.Revision 1.0a. The maximum transfer speed of a PCI Express 1.0a slot is 2.5 Gbps. PCI Express 2.0 was initially available on the newer Intel X38 and G43 chipsets. The PCI Express 2.0/2.1 transfer rate was doubled to 5 Gbps. Any kind of card will be limited by this speed rate. For example, USB 3.0 has a maximum transfer rate of 4.8 Gbps but on your board would be limited to a maximum transfer rate of 2.5 Gbps.