Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2834 Discussions

Can I installed AMT reflector client and server on the same AMT machine?

idata
Employee

Per my understanding, the refecltor server can installed with client on the same AMT machine. But when i did this, the server cannt be started. the error messsage are as following:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ystem.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)

at System.Net.Sockets.TcpListener.Start(Int32 backlog)

at System.Net.Sockets.TcpListener.Start()

at Intel_AMT_Reflector_Server.MainForm.startButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Thanks very much!

-Jen

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Jen,

I'm not familiar with the AMT reflector ... which tool is this?

From what I can tell, from the .NET exception information you posted, it looks like there is a conflict over TCP ports, when the Socket object is attempting to bind to the port.

Is there a way to specify which port each program runs on? You might want to try defining an alternate port for one or the other.

Trevor Sullivan

Systems Engineer

OfficeMax Corporation

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Jen,

There is a video here that I think will help you out:

http://communities.intel.com/community/openportit/vproexpert/activation/blog/2008/06/12/intel-amt-reflector-new-release-posted-wvideo-tutorial-too;jsessionid=BB7BCE258989BAB99D8852DE9B7D924E http://communities.intel.com/community/openportit/vproexpert/activation/blog/2008/06/12/intel-amt-reflector-new-release-posted-wvideo-tutorial-too;jsessionid=BB7BCE258989BAB99D8852DE9B7D924E

Tim Duncan is talking about how to change the port that the reflector server is running on.

In the server console, remove the 4 default port redirections, and add 4 new ones, such as:

17992 --> 16992

17993 --> 16993

17994 --> 16994

17995 --> 16995

If the server console is running on an AMT-enabled system, then port conflicts could occur by using the default port mappings.

Trevor Sullivan

Systems Engineer

OfficeMax Corporation

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos