If you are installation Windows 7 in AHCI mode, there is no need to install an additional driver for it, this is pre-loaded on the Windows installation disk, see below for more information:
Thanks for your help. I will not attempt to pre-install the driver.
However, why does the readme.txt file that comes with the driver say this (below)? It seems there is a mistake in the readme file.
2. Create a floppy* containing the following files in the root
iaStorA.sys, iaStorF.sys and
* Note: For Windows 7*, you can use a floppy, CD/DVD or USB.
3. For Microsoft Windows Win7*:
- During the operating system installation, after selecting the
location to install Win7, click Load Driver to
install a third party SCSI or RAID driver.
- Continue to step 4.
4. When prompted, insert the media (floppy, CD/DVD
or USB) you created in step 2 and press Enter.
5. At this point you should be presented with a selection
for one of the controllers listed in the Overview (Section 1)
of this document depending on your hardware version and
6. Highlight the selection that is appropriate for the
hardware in your system and press Enter.
7. Press Enter again to continue. Leave the floppy disk in
the system until the next reboot as the software will
need to be copied from the floppy disk again when setup
is copying files.