I am testing Software applications. For this purpose I am using several physical machines to test software installation process. These machines contain Motherboards DZ68BC. But this Motherboards has one big issue, that blocks our testing process. Issue regards restarting of the machine.
When machine is invoked to restart, then the monitor is going to blink various solid colors and restarting is stopped. It doesn't happen always on all machines with this Motherboard. But there are machines, that has higher probability (almost 100%) and some has less probability to fail restarting of Operating system. We also upgraded to the newest BIOS version and used newest drivers for hardware, but nothing helped.
Current graphic driver on Win7 64is GFX_Win7_64_18.104.22.16861
I am encountering this issue on all operating systems.
For our machines we have the same following hardware configuration:
* Total Memory : 8GB DIMM DDR3,
* Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz (4C 3.39GHz, 3.4GHz IMC, 2x 256kB L2, 6MB L3),
* Storage Devices: Seagate ST3500413AS (500.1GB, SATA600, 3.5", 7200rpm, 16MB Cache) : 466GB (C:) (D:), Seagate ST3500413AS (500.1GB, SATA600, 3.5", 7200rpm, 16MB Cache) : 466GB (E:) (F:),
* HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS50 (SATA150, DVD+-RW, CD-RW, 2MB Cache) : N/A (G:)
* Board Altered Assembly Number (AA#): G30742
* Board Serial Number (SN#): BTBC143000N9
* Previous BIOS: 21
* Current BIOS: 37
* Chassis Vendor: Foxconn TSAA-699
* Power Supply: Fortron/BlackPower FSP 550W
I have try various monitors with various interface connections: VGA, DVI, HDMI but result is the same.
This issue dissappeared, when I uninstalled Intel graphic driver and let the Windows automatically install Standard Microsoft VGA driver. But then I cannot test applications beacause of low graphic performance.
Please help to solve this big issue.