1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 24, 2012 4:15 PM by Victor_Intel

DP55KG board, intel 330 ssd set up in raid 0, clean install, win 7 says "no bootable drive"

skyfyre

I am attempting to reconfigure my DP55KG for ssd in raid 0. 2 new 120gb Intel 330 ssd drives, installed, raid enabled in bios, raid array constructed under chipset controller (not the Marvell), Windows dvd loads files, I select "custom" installation (clean install), and select the displayed raid array, then get an error message this is not a bootable device. Disconnected everything except the DVD drive, still no success. Board has been running a pair of spinners in raid 1 for the last couple of years, I feel like I am missing something simple....

• 1. Re: DP55KG board, intel 330 ssd set up in raid 0, clean install, win 7 says "no bootable drive"
          Victor_Intel

Hello skyfyre,

I understand that you are looking to set up an array using 2 Solid-State Drives and you get an Windows* error that the volume will not be bootable.

It seems like you Solid-State Drives are not properly recognized and that might be the problem. From the controller side, the Solid-State Drives will be used as standard hard drives. I recommend you to update your BIOS to the latest version and if the problem continues to manually install the RAID drivers that you can download from the Intel(R) web site.

Regards.

PV