Same problem. I am running Windows 7 x64 on an Asus P8P67M-Pro motherboard.
Everything is latest, bios, and all -- saw an updated RST driver and figured I would try it.
Now every time I try to upen the GUI it crashes, "IASTORUI Has stopped working"
I will re-install and see if that works -- if not I'll post log.
Reinstall did not work!
Intel this is an URGENT issue!
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: IAStorUI.exe
Application Version: 18.104.22.1680
Application Timestamp: 5042b0f9
Fault Module Name: ISDI2.dll
Fault Module Version: 22.214.171.1240
Fault Module Timestamp: 5042b0b6
Exception Offset: 0004d11f
Exception Code: c0000417
Exception Data: 00000000
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 198f
Additional Information 2: 198f8cdf470775062dcf2685191eda80
Additional Information 3: c53d
Additional Information 4: c53dd64151ce5d250f3f2f6f9f07a07c
We are not alone - does Intel have moderators looking at these forums to troubleshoot? From what I gather, RST 11.5 was so buggy they pulled it, and now it looks like 11.6 has similar issues.
Perhaps is RST issue with SSDs?
This totally SUCKS; how the F can they release this stuff without testing it?
Now I gotta figure out which version I was running before and downgrade.
I don't think it matters what devices we're using and what setups we have, etc -- as we all seem to have different motherboards and devices (obviously) and our error codes are all the same. Conclusion? SLOPPY CODING!
The latest ASUS released and supported version is "Version 10.5.0.1026" but they call it "2011.06.01 update"
Downgrade was successful...went back to:
126.96.36.1996 (not ASUS version, the Intel one on their website, one less version basically).
I have RAID OROM Version:
I tried upgrading again to 188.8.131.520 and it still does not work.
IAStorUI won't start and the service is not running.
Total fail intel, total fail.
Wow, so I just did a verify (to be safe) and it found 43 verification errors.
I run weekly verifies and it has never found more than 3 errors in the past.
Obviously the errors were caused by upgrading to 184.108.40.2060.
This is just insane..people's data is at risk here and they just release this stuff to the public...wow...I am just at a loss for words right now...
Might as well list my devices -- I have an ATAPI BluRay burner (LG) on one port, and I have four Kingston SSDs (SNV425S2128GB) in RAID10 as my Windows 7 x64 boot volume.
Thankfully I just ran verify again and now it's got 0 errors...phew!
The problem is not universal...I just installed 11.6 on a DZ77GA-70K running Windows 8 (RTM from Technet) and it's working without problem.
Some data points that might help narrow down possibilities: I have one Intel series 320 SSD and two 1TB Western Digital Caviar (Black) drives, all attached to the ICH controller. Controller set to run AHCI mode. I do not have any RAID arrays configured or active. I have an optical drive, but it is connected to the Marvell controller.
I understand that -- I realize I sound erratic but this is my boot drive...yes I have a backup but still...we are all getting the same app crashing error code and it's in the same DLL, so we're all clearly having the same issue regardless of what chipset, mobo, or drives we're using....bottom line, it's a mess and I shouldn't have updated to begin with. Slow and sometimes flaky is a lot better than not even being able to load the service, app, and having all of my data corrupted -- I learned my lesson O_O
Here is my build:
- Intel DH77EB motherboard
- Intel i7 3770S Ivy Bridge CPU
- Asus Radeon 7870 GHz edition video
- 8GB Crucial RAM 1600MHz
- LG Blu Ray burner in an SATA 3GB/s slot
- Samsung 830 128GB SSD in an SATA 6GB/s slot
- Windows 8 Release Preview
- All HDD is set to AHCI mode, but none are set to hot swappable in the BIOS
Interestingly enough, I have an external Sans Digital TS4CT RAID enclosure (HW RAID controller in the enclosure) connected via eSATA which is no longer being recognized.
Nor sure if it makes a difference, but I also have a shared folder on a NAS on my network mapped to a drive letter. I also used the built in iSCSI initiator tool to connect to an iSCSI drive set up on that same NAS.
NAS is a Synology DS213.
So, it looks like all of us have SSDs. Maybe it's related to that, I know TRIM of SSD RAIDs is functionality that RST 11.5 was supposedly adding, but then that release was pulled due to bugs. I believe TRIM for AHCI mode SSD is OK in older versions of RST.