Currently Being Moderated

Hi, I just build a new machine with the following config:

- Intel DX79TO Motherboard

- Intel i7 3820 Processor

- Corsair H60 CPU Cooler

- EVGA GTX 560 Ti Graphics Card

- Corsair 850W TX V2 PSU

- 2x Corsair Vengeance 8GB Memory

- Seagate 1TB HDD (from an old computer)

- (No optical drive for now)

As soon as I turned it on, the Back to BIOS button at the back of the board was lit. Thus, the BIOS Config screen came up. I checked everything and every part was recognized and accounted for as far as I could tell.

When I exited the BIOS configuration, the following message was shown:

"Click-off the Back2BIOS button and restart system to boot as normal."

I tried to do exactly that and no matter what I do, the button won't turn off. I even held it for over 20s.

I restarted the system anyway and again BIOS Configuration came up. There's even the following message in the BIOS config starting screen:

"

===> NOTE: System is booted in Back2BIOS mode! <===

===> (the B2B switch in the back is red) <===

"

I already checked the jumper for the BIOS configuration jumper block on the board and it is in the correct position, pins 1 and 2: "Normal".

The guy at the store even tested the board for me and I saw it boot an OS normally (with another system spec of course, but the same processor). I wonder what I might be doing wrong.

I'm not sure if the HDD I installed already has an OS installed, but I also connected a USB external HD that has a copy of a Windows CD at its root and even changed the boot order in the BIOS so it could boot first, but nothing changed...

Can someone help please?

Thank you!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points