Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

(!) Intel G41 Express Chipset (Code 43)

idata
Employee

Hi,

In device manager, Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset has stopped due to Code 43.

I've already downloaded, the latest updates using Intel Driver Update Utility but still has Code 43.

I tried uninstalling the driver and rebooted but the installation was not successful. Thus still Code 43.

What is Code 43 anyway? Have searched on google and doesn't seem to have any other posts regarding this. (On the first page at least)

Also, my PC always goes into BSOD's or bug checks plus almost all applications/softwares and even browsers crash often. I've been experiencing it for a month.. it seems that the stopped Intel G41 Express Chipset is the reason for these BSOD's or so I just think, because when troubleshooting, it says that this problem(Code 43) "may cause crashes, freezes.."

Just a while ago, I reformatted again and so far I haven't gotten any BSOD's. But the Intel G41 Express Chipset is still on Code 43.

Please. Help. Enlighten me. Thanks!

PS If anyone needs info like .dmp files or my System Info, I'll upload if needed.. though I have no more logs of minidumps..

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

I'm using Windows 7 Starter btw..

and the Intel G41 Express Chipset is integrated in a MaQBoard.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Most likely code 43 is Windows Bugcode - Panic Stack Switch.

You say your pc is going into BSOD, which ones?

When you say

Just a while ago, I reformatted again and so far I haven't gotten any BSOD's. But the Intel G41 Express Chipset is still on Code 43.

Where are you observing this output?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I only have 1 pc, I got it just 2 months ago. After I set it up, first few days were normal, then bsod's happened often randomly when just surfing, playing even just refreshing, plus applications crash also. I went to the shop where I bought it but for some reason, bsod's and crashes did not occur. They tested the memory though and found an error so they replaced it. After getting it back again, just a few hours it went bsod :c This is when I decided to try reformatting first to see if it solves it. But during the required reboot after the installation it went on bsod, and still continued. I tried searching for solutions on net and tried using BluescreenView and other viewers to identify what causes the bluescreens, which were a lot with a lot of different causes according to the logs. Then at some point I opened the device manager and found "my question". Tried updating etc uninstall reboot. Tried using different utilities until it came to a point where the BSOD prevented me from booting until windows.

This is when I reformatted again, which was just yesterday. And so far there hasn't been any bug checks or crashes, but, in the device manager Intel G41 Express Chipset (Code 43) is till there. *Code 43 is in propterties*

Sorry for the long reply and thanks for yours

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

What system board are you using and what OS are you using? Have you always had issues, or did you upgrade the OS recently only to get issues?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I'm using Windows 7 Starter. System board? Is that the motherboard? Sorry If yes, I'm using a MaQBoard.

I've always had the bsod issue since the first days I used the pc. I've had the Code 43 issue since I found it at device manager.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

If I were you, I would raise this with the board manufacturer. That seems like a very new company, maybe they haven't worked out all the bugs yet?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes, I'm starting to believe this is a problem with my MaQBoard. The problem is I've searched their website but I can't seem to find any. Fortunately, I haven't experienced Blue Screens since yesterday. I'm just hoping this continues. If I get it again, I think I'm just gonna buy another board to also upgrade my proccessor.. since this MaqBoard only has an integrated single core 3.4ghz.

Thank you for your replies!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

You're welcome, sorry I don't have any good answers!

What was the most recent BSOD?

I was a little disapointed by the website as well. 😉 You could probably post in the forum though, it would be good for them to know you have an issue.

0 Kudos