Having a problem with the new RST drivers 188.8.131.520 on one of my systems in that the drivers seem to work (listed as installed) but the Rapid Storage Technology application does not load I think this is due to my setup that the new RST does not like that was fine with RST 10.8.0.1003.
A big change you have made to 184.108.40.2060 is that you have two .sys files iaStorA.sys & iaStorF.sys from the one iaStor.sys in 10.8.0.1003 and as a result causes the “Intel® RST service is not running” for my setup from what it seems.
System that works with 220.127.116.110 for the Rapid Storage Technology application
64bit win 7
RAID ROM 18.104.22.1682 and SATA set to RAID
Only a SSD and ODD on Intel ports
System that dose not work with 22.214.171.1240 for the Rapid Storage Technology application
64bit win 7
RAID ROM 126.96.36.1997 and SATA set to RAID
Three SSD and three HDD on Intel ports
Two HDD & ODD on Jmicron ports set to RAID/AHCI
Anyone else experience this problem?
It also happens that RST 188.8.131.526 runs fine on my P55 PCH that uses the one iaStor.sys just the application in 184.108.40.2060 not happy will my setup.
Still odd that RST 220.127.116.110 runs on a P965 ICH8R and why did you have to rename for Disk drives & DVD/CD-ROM drives that are listed to have “SCSI disk Device” & “SCSI CdRom device” on the end? Its not needed and can cause stupid windows to want reactivation.
I just built a H77 based setup with a clean win7 x64, installed RST 18.104.22.1683 (full iata_enu.exe Download Center). It confused me after reboot, as I couldn't see the GUI utility that usually starts up and shows in the notification area. After about 90 seconds from login, the application//GUI started (by appearing in the system tray, with the usual blue status of delayed service start) and then about another minute or so later, the RST service kicked into gear.
So it appears to be working here, but since i've been running RST 10.8 elsewhere, I missed the step where apparently the UI has been delayed from starting/appearing in the notification area.
Success RST 22.214.171.1246 now works and I suspect it was down to way the new drivers hooked on to other SATA ports not by Intel making them list as SCSI when Intel drivers had nothing to do with them ports.
And again windows wanted reactivation I hope Intel do not change the iaStorA.sys & iaStorF.sys from the one iaStor.sys drivers because I hate how dumb windows activation is in thinking I have changed or add hardware when all I have done is install RST from the change of one iaStor.sys to iaStorA.sys & iaStorF.sys.