Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

RAID 1 repeatedly shows "failed" hard drive (drive actually works fine)

idata
Employee

I have a Dell Studio XPS 9100 with RAID 1 configuration controlled by an Intel Matrix Storage Console 8.9. During the ast 2 years the Console has repeatedly showed a failed hard drive, which Dell graciously replaced. Now, the failures occur more often (two in the last 3 weeks) and I discovered by connecting the "failed" hard drives to a different computer that indeed the drives are fine. I also was able to rebuild the RAID configuration by right-clicking on the "failed" drive and clicking "show as working" or something like that (not in front of the PC, so the nomenclature is not exact). Any suggestions? Dell support is clueless. No new drivers on Dell download site; Intel download site is unclear whether any of the more recent drivers including one from this month (ICH8R/ICH9R/ICH10R/DO/S/3400?6 Series SATA Raid Controller) would be suitable. I also wonder whether there could be a defect in the Intel controller hub. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
0 Replies