2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2012 11:04 AM by Yuri

Intel Rapid Start Technology error on starting Windows 7

Yuri

Hi there,

Today I recieved my new notebook (Inspiron 17R SE) and I made it through the Windows setup. I know I refused to install some Dell apllications (because i thought it was spam or something like that).

Now, every time when I start my computer, there is a very anoying error saying: "your system does not appear to have intel rapid start technology enabled". I searched the web, tried installing the Intel Rapid Start Technology drivers but then the setup says my system doesn't seem to have te minimum system requirements (and it has). I have a Intel Core i7 processor and 8Gb RAM...

What does I have to do to get rid of this error?

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,

Yuri

• 1. Re: Intel Rapid Start Technology error on starting Windows 7
          Fred_Intel

I recommend contacting DELL for this issue so; they can help you setting up Intel Rapid Start Technology. There are different steps that need to be performed before the installation of the Intel Rapid Start Technology software otherwise it will not run properly.

• 2. Re: Intel Rapid Start Technology error on starting Windows 7
            Yuri

Finaly I found out how this error occurs. It may be a bugg in the intel rapid start technology...

I bought a new laptop because my old one was crashed. I bought a HDD docking station so I could easily transfer the files of my old HDD (sATA) to my new laptop.

Now, if my docking station is enabled on startup, i get the error "Your system does not appaer to have intel rapid start technology enabled".

That's because the laptop thinks my external HDD from my old laptop is an internal HDD. And on that HDD, the rapid start technology is indeed not enabled...

I hope this is a helpful answer for people in the same (exceptional) situation like me!