Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel HD graphics update caused problems

idata
Employee

I re-downloaded secondlife and it had a link on it for intel to where I could check and see if a graphics card update was available. It ran a program via intel's website and said I had an update for my graphics card. I have Intel HD graphics on my computer. I ran the install for the graphics card, and restarted my PC like it said to but when I turned my computer back on and started to try and play a game that I have on my computer (Tera, which runs on high graphics usually). I can't even play it anymore. I can't play any of my games. It appears like it's doing a skip frame every few seconds, or it just freezes and it's not running NEARLY close to the capabilities that it was before I installed the graphics update. I could play games perfectly fine, I had no complaints what so ever, and now I can't play them at all without being frustrated at how the game is running. Is there a fix for this problem? will there be a patch release to fix the errors? because surely I can't be the only person having this problem.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Mara

Could you "Roll Back" the driver update to see if that resolves the issues you are seeing?

To Roll Back a driver update open Control Panel

Select Device Manager

In Device Manager, double click Display Adapter

Double clickIntel HD Graphics

In the Properties window, click the Driver tab

Click Roll Back Drivers button and follow prompts to complete.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have same problem. Please help !

idata
Employee

I have the same problem and i dont know what to do! is getting annoying now, please help me!

0 Kudos