Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel HD 2000 graphics Issue with Netflix

idata
Employee

I am currently experiencing issues while trying to watch Netflix on my PC. The PC is running a G530 processor, utilizing the integrated graphics, an ASRock H61M/ITX motherboard, 4GBs of Hyperblu RAM, and a 160GB Seagate HDD. I use it for home theater purposes only and while it handles all my streamed network content perfectly in HD, anything I watch on Netflix shows constant horizontal line flicker distortions that are commonly in the middle of the screen, but occur higher and lower in variation. It is to the point where watching things on Netflix is virtually pointless. I have also noticed some slight degree of this happening on Hulu.com. It doesn't appear to be a result of my internet connection, all my drivers are updated, and it has only started to happen within the past 2 weeks or so (I've had the PC built for 1-2 months).

Any help you all could provide is greatly appreciated.Fl

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Allan: Thank you for trying to help me. I have version 8.15.10.2761 installed, but the flicker during Netflix playback still occurs. What next?

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

You mentioned that issue started occurring a couple of weeks ago. Prior to that I assume it worked OK? Did you make and changes to the system or updates just before the issue began? Did you install any new applications or programs prior to the issue occurring? Hardware changes? Do you by any chance have another system that you could connect to Netflix with and verify the issue?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

In the past, yes, it worked for a short time as far as I know. The first time I saw this issue was really the first time I tried running content on Netflix that wasn't a cartoon for my daughter. And for those, I let her watch while eating breakfast as I got ready in the mornings so I wasn't paying close attention. In other words, it could have been occurring the entire time. I'm really not sure.

That said, the only change I think I've made in the last 2 weeks has been to add a Netgear WNDR3700 router to my network that I use to handle the internet in place of my (now bridged) Uverse Residential Gateway. Checking Netflix on my other desktop, Xbox360, and laptops...no issues. Just this computer.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Are all the systems connected via the WNDR3700?
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes. As of today (issue still occurs after I made the change in connection today), all systems are connected via LAN through the WNDR3700.

0 Kudos