Thanks for waiting, I was able to find some info that may be useful on command line execution for Ver 15.x
To install components on Ver 15.x, appending the ADDLOCAL on the command line or using the <AddlocalMSI> tag in the setup.xml is necessary, ie, Setup.exe ADDLOCAL=WIFI_Driver
Installing the driver by using the command line
Installing Wi-Fi software and UI using setup.xml:
Here's parent/child feature relationships and by default
- WIFI_Driver - Intel® WiFi Link Driver
- WIFI_Software - Intel® PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software
- WIFI_UI - Intel® PROSet/Wireless WiFi Connection Utility
- WIFI_Simple_Config - Wi-Fi Protected Setup
- WIFI_SSO - Single Sign On
- WIFI_PLC - Pre-Logon Connect
- WIFI_Troubleshooter - Intel® Wireless Troubleshooter
- WIFI_Admin_Toolkit - Administrator Toolkit
Arguments interpreted by Setup.exe
( /qn, /qb, /qf)
Since Setup.exe is only doing a few actions, it only interprets the UI level commands.
Arguments passed on by Setup.exe to Microsoft Windows Installer
(/x, REBOOT, /qn, /qb, /qf, /L*v, WIRELESSRADIOBUTTON, etc.).
Setup will pass most of the other command lines it receives directly to the Windows Installer
Arguments interpreted by Microsoft Windows Installer (msiexec.exe)
(/i, /x, as well as the items listed in the above bullets).
Arguments that have a custom meaning in the product MSI
For example, to silently install the default features, run:
MSIEXEC /i “<Path to MSI>\Intel PROSet Wireless.msi” /qn
- /qn - Silent installation -no dialogs are displayed.
- /qb - Basic UI -dialogs are limited to simple progress meters and error prompts
- /qf - Full UI -dialogs, error prompts. This is the default.
- /x - Uninstall all features.
- /L *v <log file> - Enables verbose logging to a file.
Hope this helps,
This is answer enough - it would be nice to have a link to Intel complete administrative installation for PROSet v15.x. One that detailed out for instance the difference between "WIFI_Software" and "WIFI_UI". Also, if created SETUP.XML which switches go in which area, NativeMSI, AddlocalMSI, CustomMSI, etc.
Other useful information would be what are the MSI properties WIRELESSRADIOBUTTON and MSZCFG for? There are other MSI properties in the Windows Installer file that appear to be Intel configurable, but I cannot seem to find a guide with useful information.
Im trying to install a silent install with the Proset 15.X and the WIFI Connection Utility doest install completly. It seems that the "Intel Proset/Wireless Enterprise Software" doesnt get install and this is what i believe what it installs the "WiFI Connection Utility. Can anyone help silently install the WIFI COnnection Utility, i need this to be installed. This is what my command line looks like. I believe that the WIFI_UI should install this, but its not.
MSIEXEC /i "c:\install\Intel PROSet Wireless.msi" /qn ADDLOCAL=WIFI_Driver,WIFI_Software,WiFI_UI