Test graphics drivers by downloading and installing the latest version. If the problem remains, this could be a hardware issue.
Select the operating system version and download the latest exe file
I ran the driver exe http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=20598&ProdId=2991&lang=eng (which I am pretty sure is the right one because as far as I am aware all the details I gave are correct and it said that it was the latest release) but when I ran the exe I message popped up saying "The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufactuerer. Setup will exit." I pretty sure I have the correct chip selected as I obtained the name from my control panels device manager option and the chip name was listed under Display Adapters, so I am unsure how I got this message. Any ideas?
EDIT: Also I wanted to add that I closed all open programmes when I ran the exe (if that makes a difference or not I am unsure).
Does your system have the latest System BIOS update from ACER found here?
You have selected the latest generic driver for you system however, ACER may have customized the driver shipped with your system that is preventing installing the generic Intel GMA driver.
There is a way to install the generic driver and overwrite the OEM installed driver however, you must be warned that you will lose any OEM customizations HP made to the driver specific to your system.
If you want to try the generic driver, follow these steps:
1. Download the latest graphics driver in zip format for your system is can be downloadedhttp://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=20599&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20(32-bit)*&DownloadType=here.
2. Extract win7vista_151718.zip to a folder on your desktop.
3. Open Control Panel
4. Open Device Manager
5. Double click on Display Adapters
6. Double click on Intel HD Graphics Family
7. Click on Driver tab
8. Click on Update Driver button
9. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software" option
10. Click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer" option
11. Click on Have Disk button
12. On the Install From Disk dialog, click Browse
13. In the Locate File dialog, navigate to the folder you extracted the driver to in step 2 above.
14. When you have navigated to that folder, navigate to the Graphics sub-folder
15. In the Graphics sub-folder, you will see the file "igdlh64.inf", double click this file
16. You will then be back at the "Install From Disk" dialog, click OK
17. You will then be back at the "Update Driver Software" dialog, click Next
18. The driver installer will now start, wait for it to complete
19. When the process has completed, close the open Device Manager dialogs and you will be asked to reboot.
20. Reboot and you should be updated
I have also encountered this for my Toshiba Satellite L515-S4010 "The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufactuerer. Setup will exit."
I followed your instructions but could not find a file with name, "igdlh64.inf"...