10 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2012 9:48 AM by Jack

Intel BOXDH67CLB3 PCI Express Slot issue

Jack

Hello All,

I've recently built a computer for my girlfriends family, this is the first time I've ever used a Intel motherboard.

However, after the construction of the computer itself the motherboard(model in title otherwise shown below) will not recognize the video card.

Intel BOXDH67CLB3 LGA 1155 Intel H67 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard Model #:BOXDH67CLB3

with

ASUS ENGT440 DC SL/DI/1GD3 GeForce GT 440 (Fermi) 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

At first I thought the video card was faulty and exchanged for another one, the problem still persisted. Then I used another older video card (nVidia GT8600) the fan turns on..so I can conclude that there is nothing wrong with the hardware. However, when the monitor is plugged in to the video card it still gets no signal from the computer or graphics card itself for neither of the video cards. Then I figured something must be wrong with the software.

I've tried everything that I know how to do and can do in terms of software, tweaking with the BIOS to set settings to use the PCI slot as the primary graphics processing unit, install drivers...which made no sense to the computer since it doesn't seem to recognize the video card being attached in the first place. When I check the motherboard layout screen in  BIOS nothing shows in the PCI slot even though the video card is secure and attached to the motherboard. Please help!! Any insight will be greatly appreciated. Let me know if more information is needed

Thank you for all your help and consideration,

Jack

• 1. Re: Intel BOXDH67CLB3 PCI Express Slot issue
          Victor_Intel

Hello Jack,

I understand that you are having problem with the recognition of the PCI Express* video cards on the Intel(R) Desktop Board DH67CL, and that you tested 3 different video cards and none of them will work.

In regards to your inquire, the PCI Express* slot may be damaged as we have receive feedback on some video cards not working properly, but it will be very unlikely that none of the video cards that you tested will work.

I can recommend you to update the BIOS to the latest version, confirm that the power supply has enough power and change the expansion card text option in the boot tab to see if any of the cards will work. If none of the cards work, you may have a hardware problem and you should contact the warranty department for further assistance.

Regards.

PV

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Intel BOXDH67CLB3 PCI Express Slot issue
            Jack

Thank you Victor!!

I will try updating the BIOS. The latter video card(GT8600) I tested turns on, at least the hardware part of it(the fan). So the motherboard does provide power to the video card and I do not think there's anything wrong with the hardware, but I might be wrong. The power supply I am using is "Thermaltake TR2 W0070RUC 430W ATX12V V2.2 Intel Core i7 Compliant Dual 80mm Fans Full Cable Sleevings Power Supply" which should supply enough power to the system, again correct me if I'm wrong. In regards to changing the expansion card text option in the boot tab, I am not completely sure what that means but I will do some research myself first.

Thank you again for your response, please allow me some time to test these options you've provided.

Thank you,

Jack

• 3. Re: Intel BOXDH67CLB3 PCI Express Slot issue
              Jason

Jack,

Acording to nVidia, the minimum PSU is 300W (the ASUS site doesn't have any detials). Depending on your system specifically, it may be necessary to upgrade the PSU. Can you please specify the:

• CPU
              • RAM
              • HDD / SSD
              • Optical drives
              • any other power consuming devices

Jason

• 4. Re: Intel BOXDH67CLB3 PCI Express Slot issue
                Jack

Hi Jason,

Please see below,

Current specifications are:

Intel Pentium G850 Sandy Bridge 2.9GHz LGA 1155 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2000 BX80623G850

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-10600CL8D-4GBHK

Western Digital Caviar Blue WD2500AAKX 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

SAMSUNG 22X DVD Burner SATA Model SH-222BB/BEBE - OEM

COOLER MASTER RR-H101-22FK-RI 80mm Long life sleeve bearing CPU Cooler

Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2 2.5" 64GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Intel BOXDH67CLB3 LGA 1155 Intel H67 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX

ASUS ENGT440 DC SL/DI/1GD3 GeForce GT 440 (Fermi) 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16