3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2012 3:50 PM by Matt

DZ77RE-75K Minor Issues

Matt

I have two issues that I need some assistance in fixing (if they can be). In advance, I appreciate any positive responses - your time is greatly appreciated.

1. I purchased the following fan with my corsair case, and for some reason the Intel visual bios is reporting the fan at 0 rpm. I also downloaded speedfan and it also reports it at 0 rpm. The fan itself is moving, but very slowly. Is there some setting that I should change or do I have a faulty fan?

Air Series AF120 Performance Edition High Airflow 120mm Fan - Air Series Fans - Cooling

2. For some reason I am unable to set in the intel visual bios on the main page the CPU temperature to "cool". After saving, If I go back into the bios it always changes back to "balanced". Not sure if this is a bug in the bios or not.

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: DZ77RE-75K Minor Issues
          stephen.heward

Silly question.. Did you plug the fans into the motherboard, or did you plug them into a case controlled fan switch system?

• 2. Re: DZ77RE-75K Minor Issues
            Shaun

In the bios goto advanced settings, then find the cooling tab. Set the fan Duty Cycle to never go below 50% and see if that solves the problem. Make sure yoy make the change for whatever header you have it plugged into

http://benchmarkreviews.com/images/reviews/motherboards/DZ77GA/intel_dz77GA_70K_bios_cooling_fans_detail.jpg

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: DZ77RE-75K Minor Issues
              Matt

Thanks much, this solved the problem of keeping the CPU cool setting.

I am however still experiencing the issue of the corsair fan showing up as 0 rpms. I have switched between the AUX and Rear plugs on the board. The rear fan that came with the case always shows it's rpm (regardless of where it's plugged into the board) but not the new one I just purchased. I tried changing the header configuration and still nothing. Maybe I'll try changing the duty cycle higher.