I have Windows 7 64 Professional installed on an INTEL 320 series 160GB SSD. MB ICH10R is set to AHCI. I would like to create a RAID 0 out of my 3 - 1 TB WD Spindle drives. From what I have been reading this may be problematic.
Asus P6T6 WS Revolution MB latest bios - yes I know its an older board.
1 - Intel SSDSA2BW160G3H Primary boot - Windows 7 - AHCI enabled currently
3 - WDC-WD1001FALS-00J7B0 Data drives.
1) I would like to use the Intel ICH10R controller to create a RAID 0 with the Western Digital Drives but keep booting from the SSD drive.
2) the bios is currently set to AHCI
3) Is AHCI still supported if RAID is enabled? Is there a performance hit for this trade-off?
4) What is the best way to proceed without reinstalling windows ?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I have tried to word my question as clearly as possible. Its ok to ask me to clarify anything.
1. First, run Registry Editor (regedit)
2. Find key --> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\iaStorV
3. Right Pane - Double-click START, Replace Value 3 to 0
4. Restart. Go to BIOS. Change from AHCI to RAID. Save settings.
5. Install Intel Rapid Storage Tech (v126.96.36.1996). Reboot.
6. Make your RAID Arrray under IRST GUI.
Hope it helps