4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2014 5:09 PM by

SCS 8.1 Install Question

Hi,

I'm trying to install the SCS8.1 in our network. I want to know the following:

1)  Can I use the free version of the MS SQL(Express) or I need to buy theStd or Ent version??

2)  Do I need to install anything to the PCs before I setup the SCS??

Thanks.

• 1. Re: SCS 8.1 Install Question
          Joseph Oster

1) If installing SCS in database mode, it does require Enterprise MS SQL, per the users manual on page 34

"You can install the database on a computer running any of these Enterprise versions of SQL Server:

•Microsoft* SQL Server* 2008 x32/x64 (SP1)

•Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 x64

•Microsoft SQL Server 2005 x32 (SP4) "

2) Only thing needed on the clients is for them to be vPro enabled

• 2. Re: SCS 8.1 Install Question
            blair.muller@gmail.com

Hey Hons,

Yes you can use SQL Express if you want to use database mode. I'm not sure I understand your second question. The user and deployment guide should have all the answers you need. If they don't check out the posts on my blog  Blair Muller's Blog

Regards,

Blair

• 3. Re: SCS 8.1 Install Question
              dlecy

Hons,

1)  Page 34 of the Intel(R) SCS 8.1 User Guide lists the Supported SQL versions:

In database mode the data is stored in an SQL database. The database is created during installation using the installer. You can install the database on a computer running any of these Enterprise versions of SQL Server:

• Microsoft  SQL Server 2008 x32/x64 (SP1)

• Microsoft  SQL Server 2008 R2 x64

• Microsoft  SQL Server 2005 x32 (SP4)

2)  You will need to copy the "Configurator" folder to each client. A management console can do the distribution.

Everything is documented in the Intel(R) SCS 8.1 User Guide.

David

• 4. Re: SCS 8.1 Install Question
                Your reply was rejected by a moderator. Please edit your reply and resubmit it for approval.

Hi,

I tried to open a new post but didn't work so I try to ask another question here.

I installed a SCS server (SCS Console) and used it to create the profile. When the profile is created, I choose the "Use the same IP as the host" but when I apply the profile to the PC, it comes up the error "Failed to retrieve the host onboard IPv4 IP" . We're using state IP in all our PCs and Laptops. Is there any thing I did wrong??

Also, If I use the manual method (ACUWizard). I caninput the IP and subnet but when I go into the MEBx page (Ctrl+P), the default gateway and the DNS server are empty. Is there any way I can input all information at the same time with a config file???

• 5. Re: SCS 8.1 Install Question

Does anyone know why it requires Enterprise edition rather than Standard?  I have seen very few applications that actually require Enterprise and I am trying to understand why I need to pay so much more for Enterprise edition.