9 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2013 7:54 PM by SIDdemoMan

DN2800MT eDP panel selection

Jack Hsieh

I like the DN2800MT motherboard support eDP and LVDS bus interface; I seen the documentation showing the connection and the pin out and can't find any word of the panel side? Which include eDP and LVDS sink devices? Especially I am very interesting in eDP sink device and I like to know which vendor has such product available to be paired with DN2800MT as completed system?

Regards,

Jack Hsieh

• 1. Re: DN2800MT eDP panel selection
          Jason

Jack,

Have you seen the Thin mini-ITX component catalog? There's some nice ideas in there. Does that answer your question?

Jason

• 2. Re: DN2800MT eDP panel selection
            Jack Hsieh

Hi Jason,

I am impressed. Got reply in a couple of hours! Thanks for the tips; I will look into detail of each model, I checked five or six all-in-one-chassis models at WibTek but it didn't show it is eDP connection in between ATOM MB and the panel, if you have specific model that will be very helpful.

Thanks,

Jack

• 3. Re: DN2800MT eDP panel selection
              Jason

Jack,

Not without doing some research. I took a quick peek at the WibTek website and the spec sheet is very unclear about graphics. It just says that it is using the chipset video controller, but I think you want a better answer than that. It looks like those are finished product systems, have you considered opening a line of communication with the WibTek support staff?

jason

• 4. Re: DN2800MT eDP panel selection
                Jack Hsieh

Hi Jason,

Here is what I like to do: I plan to scan each one of the vendor on the list, hopefully I can find a system is using eDP. If I don't see this then I may have to have a chat with those system providers to confirm their panel setup before buying it. ( On the other hand; the panel may be using LVDS as cheaper solution instead of eDP!)

I am sure Intel already tested the eDP panel, it will nice to point out one or two qualified vendors!?

Regards,

Jack

• 5. Re: DN2800MT eDP panel selection
                  Dirk

Hi, sadly I don't really have the solution for you but this may helps someone else a step further.

The problem is that there is not really a standard on LVDS pin outs and every display is different. I have a HannStar 11' and I'm in the process to configure this. The first thing I did figured out the pin out of the board and my screen. got a cable made in China and hoped to plug it in and all is good. :-( not so easy.

Firstly thanks to Intel we now have (if you upgrade the BIOS to the latest version for the DN2800MT) graphical configuration for this MB and it allows you to set the primary display to LVDS. In my case this powered the pannel.

However I still cant get any picture on my display. I changed alsorts of settings I knew where right about my pannel but with no luck. I will keep working on this over the coming weeks, I would appreciate if anyone who has some experience with this can help me. I would like to set-up a thread here on what works and how to do this. It would be great if the guys from INTEL give us some option of some common screen sizes and brands together with pin outs for this models and the required settings on the board.

Regards

• 6. Re: DN2800MT eDP panel selection
                    Jack Hsieh

Hi Dirk,

That's great, at least I am not the only one dealing with such headache and welcome to the club. In my case; I really like to focus on eDP port that paired with eDP panel. I will check those vendor and models carefully and hopefully it has tip pointing to eDP panel or system provider.

I seen such combination from last DP Plugtest (May) in Milpitas and I should record such info at that time:(

• 7. Re: DN2800MT eDP panel selection
                      Jack Hsieh

This is so far I hav found:

ECS model G11 uses LVDS and Loop model Loop AIO/L5 uses HDMI. No luke of finding anyvendors using eDP yet!?

• 8. Re: DN2800MT eDP panel selection
                        SIDdemoMan

Hello:

Several vender no offer eDP panels per the VESA eDP standard pinout configuration.   The connector found on most eDP panels is from I-PEX called the Cabline-VS and the Cable side part number is 20453-030T-11 or 20453-040T-11.  The SMT mating connector on the display assembly is part number 20455-030E-12 or 20455-040E-12 depending on how many lanes of eDP are required.  For more information on Connector and Cabling information and some available displays contact I-PEX in Austin Texas, 512 339 4739 greg.young@ipex-us.com

• 9. Re: DN2800MT eDP panel selection
                          SIDdemoMan

Hello ....

Typos....

Several venders now offer eDP panels........

1 of 1 people found this helpful