1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 27, 2012 6:35 AM by steenshansen

    Various Windows 7 errors after diskupgrade

    steenshansen

      Hello.

       

      I'm using a HP desktop with 2 750 Gb disks in RAID-1 using an Intel SATA RAID controller.

       

      Environment: Windows 7 SP1 64 bit.

      The RAID driver is version 8.9.0.1023 dated 04-06-2009 (d-m-y format)

      The disk driver is version 6.1.7600 dated 21-06-2006

       

       

      Recently I have upgraded the disks to 2 Tb by replacing one old disk  and rebuilt the RAID and repeated the process for the other disk.

      After the disk upgrade I made the extra diskspace visible to Windows from the Intel Matrix Storage Console and extended the partition using MiniTool partition wizard.

      Physical sector size has now changed to 3072 bytes (I'm not sure exactly what I was before, but I'm sure it's changed)

      All seemed OK - at the surface.

       

      Ever since that, I see messages in the Windows program eventlog giving all kinds of error messages. Mostly related to cryptographic services and search service. Furthermore Windows Update has stopped working.

       

      Examples of 2 of the error messages I see in the eventlog are:

      Lognavn:       Application

      Kilde:         Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2

      Dato:          24-08-2012 15:31:52

      Hændelses-id:  257

      Opgavekategori:Ingen

      Niveau:        Fejl

      Nøgleord:      Klassisk

      Bruger:        I/T

      Computer:      Rochefort

      Beskrivelse:

      Kryptografiske tjenester kunne ikke initialisere katalogdatabasen. ESENT-fejl: -583.

      Hændelses-Xml:

      <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

        <System>

          <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2" Guid="{5bbca4a8-b209-48dc-a8c7-b23d3e5216fb}" EventSourceName="Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2" />

          <EventID Qualifiers="0">257</EventID>

          <Version>0</Version>

          <Level>2</Level>

          <Task>0</Task>

          <Opcode>0</Opcode>

          <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>

          <TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-08-24T13:31:52.102267700Z" />

          <EventRecordID>155517</EventRecordID>

          <Correlation />

          <Execution ProcessID="1380" ThreadID="2840" />

          <Channel>Application</Channel>

          <Computer>Rochefort</Computer>

          <Security />

        </System>

        <EventData>

          <Data>-583</Data>

        </EventData>

      </Event>

       

      Lognavn:       Application
      Kilde:         Microsoft-Windows-Search
      Dato:          24-08-2012 15:18:21
      Hændelses-id:  9000
      Opgavekategori:Indsamlingsprogram
      Niveau:        Fejl
      Nøgleord:      Klassisk
      Bruger:        I/T
      Computer:      Rochefort
      Beskrivelse:
      Tjenesten Windows Search kan ikke åbne Jet-egenskabslageret.

      Detaljer:
      0x%08x (0x8004117f - Indholdsindeksserveren kan ikke opdatere eller få adgang til oplysninger på grund af en databasefejl. Stop og genstart søgetjenesten. Hvis problemet opstår igen, skal du nulstille indholdsindekset og gennemsøge det igen. I nogle tilfælde kan det være nødvendigt at slette og genoprette indholdsindekset.  (HRESULT : 0x8004117f))

      Hændelses-Xml:
      <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
        <System>
          <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Search" Guid="{CA4E628D-8567-4896-AB6B-835B221F373F}" EventSourceName="Windows Search Service" />
          <EventID Qualifiers="49152">9000</EventID>
          <Version>0</Version>
          <Level>2</Level>
          <Task>3</Task>
          <Opcode>0</Opcode>
          <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
          <TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-08-24T13:18:21.000000000Z" />
          <EventRecordID>155481</EventRecordID>
          <Correlation />
          <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
          <Channel>Application</Channel>
          <Computer>Rochefort</Computer>
          <Security />
        </System>
        <EventData>
          <Data Name="ExtraInfo">

      Detaljer:
      0x%08x (0x8004117f - Indholdsindeksserveren kan ikke opdatere eller få adgang til oplysninger på grund af en databasefejl. Stop og genstart søgetjenesten. Hvis problemet opstår igen, skal du nulstille indholdsindekset og gennemsøge det igen. I nogle tilfælde kan det være nødvendigt at slette og genoprette indholdsindekset.  (HRESULT : 0x8004117f))
      </Data>
        </EventData>
      </Event>

       

      By searching around on the Internet, I found out that the error messages seems to relate to problems with disk sector size. I have also tried some of the different solutions suggested eg.

      recreating C:\Windows\System32\catroot2\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE} which is the folder used by the crypto service

      changing ACLs on folders

      running Microsoft automatic repair

       

      But nothing helps.

       

      As the problem without doubt relates to my disk upgrade, I hope that somebody in this forum has some good advice or even a solution:-)