3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2012 9:27 AM by Jason

Intel DH67BL On-board Peizolelectric System Speaker Problem

angela_s

I Recently purchased Intel DH67BL Motherboard.

My problem is that the system speaker that is mounted on this motherboard does not produce any beeps or sound that it is supposed to produce. Whatever sound that should come out of it is redirected to external speakers plugged into line-out socket.

Is  there something wrong with my motherboard?

How can I make the system speaker work?

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Intel DH67BL On-board Peizolelectric System Speaker Problem
          Victor_Intel

Hello Angela,

I understand that you wish to test your on board speaker as the sound is being directed to the audio jacks.

It is normal that if a device is connected to the analog audio jacks, the beep tones will be heard thru them.

If you wish to test your on board speaker, I recommend you to disconnect the speakers from the audio jacks and remove the RAM memory from the motherboard and turn it on. You should get 3 beeps ( memory error ) from the on board speaker.

Regards.

PV

• 2. Re: Intel DH67BL On-board Peizolelectric System Speaker Problem
            angela_s

Hello Victor

Thanks for your response.

Actually, I need system speaker not for error beeps alone but also because yahoo messenger and Skype use it to notify about the incoming calls and messages by ringing through it. I use headphones and not external speakers so now it's difficult to know about the incoming calls when I'm not sitting at my computer.

I removed the headphones from the audio jacks but still there is no sound from the system speaker. I wrote a small C program to produce system beeps but still no sound.

Is there something wrong with my motherboard? or some cable from chassis plugged into wrong pins that is causing this?

Thanks again

• 3. Re: Intel DH67BL On-board Peizolelectric System Speaker Problem
              Jason

Angela,

When you disconnect the external audio devices and reboot the system, no beeps come from the internal speaker, is that right?

You are okay to plug your headphones/ speakers in at any time, the idea here is to test the internal speaker by unplugging the exteranl audio.

If no beeps are emitted, this would indicat that system audio is either disconnected or disabled in BIOS.

Did you build the system yourself? If not, return it for service to correct this issue.

If you did build it, refer to the motherboard owners manual per the audio front panel connections and make adjustments as need *read safety notices concerning opening the computer case and electric shock please*. If this does not correct the issue, enter BIOS and verify that system audio is not disabled.

You will need to refer again to the owners manual to know where / what menu the system audio configuration is located.

Jason