1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 20, 2012 4:36 PM by Victor_Intel

Intel D525MW Hangs on BIOS Splash USB/Biometrics

Brian Coyne

I work in a hospital IT department and we are having issues with our desktops that use the Intel D525MW Boards. What is happening is that periodically on boot the system will just hang on the BIOS splash screen and will sit there until the system is hard booted with no USB devices. The USB devices that seem to be the problem are a fingerprint scanner or a bar code scanner. We have updated the BIOS to the newest (126) that is out on Intels Website, we have tried disabling legacy USB support,boot to USB ect. was hoping some one might have an idea as to what is causing this, my research seems to point towards a common issue with this board.

Right now our work around is unplug the USB devices boot the system and then plug the devices in once the OS boot

We are using Windows XP

Tangent Rugged Mini VA Desktops

Intel Atom D525 CPU

BIOS Update [MWPNT10N.86A]

5/17/2012

any help is very appreciate ,hang,sp

• 1. Re: Intel D525MW Hangs on BIOS Splash USB/Biometrics
          Victor_Intel

Hello Brian,

I understand that you are having problems booting the Intel(R) Desktop Boards D525MW when having connected a USB fingerprint scanner or a barcode scanner.

Make sure that you have the hard drive as the first boot device and besides the USB ports, disable any other bootable device that is not required.

I recommend you to contact the manufacturer of the USB devices and check if they have some firmware update for them to check if they are recognized properly during POST, if not then I recommend you to contact the technical support directly to escalate the issue and try to find a solution for you.

Regards.

PV.