1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 29, 2009 11:24 AM by bgmckown RSS

A way to set the AMT settings on more then one at a time

Currently Being Moderated

I'm working on deploying over 900 hp dc7900 and I am looking for a way to set the AMT settings with out having to do one at a time.

My Question is this; is there a way to download the vPro interface and write a script to set all of the computers at once or a way to do small numbers at once?

I'm working on a process of Setting the AMT settings then installing a image on the drive in batches of 8, but what slows me down in this process is trying to catch the Ctrl P at the right time during the boot up.  Is there any other way of doing this?

Thanks,

James Isaacs

IT Contractor

• 1. Re: A way to set the AMT settings on more then one at a time
    bgmckown Community Member
    Currently Being Moderated

Hi James,

From what you've said, it sounds like you are looking to perform some form of automated provisioning of your Intel(R) AMT systems to enable and configure the various settings for the Intel(R) AMT Management Engine. Is this correct? Assuming that this is the case, then you need to consider what level of Enterprise support you have to facilitate this process. There are several resources available to assist you in getting started with the process of Setup and Configuration ("provisioning") of your Intel(R) AMT systems.

Now, if provisioning has already been done to your systems and you're genuinely looking for one or more tools to assist in automating the management of these systems, including modifying the configuration settings, then it would help to know what settings and other control/management options you are looking to manage. Knowing this will help us to offer an appropriate solution. Can  you please offer additional details on what Intel(R) AMT settings you need to manage that you normally do via the Intel(R) Management Engine BIOS Extension (MEBx)?

- Brett McKown

Senior Software Engineer

Intel Digital Enterprise Group, Digital Office Platform Division

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...