2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2013 1:16 AM by Tusseladd

Uninstalling previous version of Intel RST issue - icon left behind

frozenreads

Hi,

Just upgraded to a new X79 motherboard and prior to installing new board, I uninstalled my old version of Intel Rapid Storage Technology and it left behind an unusable icon under control panel/Hardware and Sound.  The new version of IRST once installed does not seem to fix the icon issue. I am unable to reinstall the old version of IRST as its not compatible with this new chipset.  I assume its something the uninstall left behind in the registry.  Any tips on fixing it?

Thanks in advance

Intel Rapid Storage Issue.JPG

• 1. Re: Uninstalling previous version of Intel RST issue - icon left behind
          RobD

Hi, what did you upgrade from? I take it that this is a system that was up and running on one motherboard and you have changed to this x79 board?

• 2. Re: Uninstalling previous version of Intel RST issue - icon left behind
            Tusseladd

In case anyone else, like me, ended up here while googling for a solution to this problem this is what worked for me:

Open registry editor

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ControlPanel\NameSpace

Go through the keys until you find the entry you want to remove. In this case you are looking for the key containing the data value: "Intel Rapid Storage Technology"

In my case this was the key starting with {E342.. but this may be different depending on what version was installed.

Delete the key and reboot, the icon should now be removed from control panel.

There seems to possibly be a bug in the uninstaller for Intel RST 10.8.0.1003 packag (STOR_allOS_10.8.0.1003.exe), used with Windows 7.

Looking through uninstall log it does attempt to remove a key in this location, but unsuccessfully so we have to do it manually. 

1 of 1 people found this helpful