2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 11, 2012 1:46 AM by Planer RSS

Cannot Run HD 4000 Graphics on DQ77MK / i7-3770

Planer Community Member
Currently Being Moderated

I have an i7-3770 on an Intel DQ77MK. Other hardware (all new) are:

- memory Geil GOC316GB1333C9DC 8G+8G (officially tested by Intel for this motherboard)

- SSD 240GB Kingston V+200 A21 (SVP200S3/240G) (already was with the latest firmware)

- PSU Seasonic 400W X-400 FANLESS GOLD (SS-400FL)

- no CD/DVD

- no external graphics card

- mouse, keyboard

- monitor (tested LCD LG and Philips (digital/analog) and CRT Samsung (analog))

i.e. ideal system IMHO

The problem is when graphics drivers have been installed and the PC is restarted Windows always rebooted or BSOD-ed (with random codes) when graphics has been initialized.

Sometimes I can see logon screen for a second or two but usually it reboots right after the animated logo screen.

The behavior is the same for the all Windows I was able to find - Windows 7 64 bit and 32 bit and Windows XP 32 bit with or without the latest updates.

When I go to the safe mode and uninstall the graphics drivers then everything is good and stable - I did "burn", memtest86 etc. tests for hours.

What were done trying to fix this:

- tested all 4 BIOSes available including the latest 0049

- tested drivers from DVD, the latest from the download center and Microsoft Update and even for Windows8

- memory was tested with memtest86, MS memtest and from Windows using Sandra

- memory sticks were swapped, tested one by one and together, in the blue and in the black slots

- PSU was swapped with fully working Enermax Pro82+

- SSD was put into IDE and AHCI mode as well as plugged in into all 5 sockets

All above has no effect at all.

The only effect I can catch is when memory timings were changed to the slowest direction I be able to see logon screen for a couple of seconds more.

To summarize - when graphics drivers are not installed then the system is stable like a rock.

I am suspecting either CPU (it's GPU core) or motherboard.

Please help me.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points