Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

DVI output suddenly not working on p8h77-m system running 64bit windows 7

idata
Employee

Was literally just on the internet earlier today on ebay and my windows 7 system made a noise that it makes when a usb device has been unplugged. As soon as I heard that one of my two dual display monitors running off the dvi output lost signal. Since then I cannot get the DVI output to work on my Asus p8h77-m on a normal windows boot unless I remove the drivers and use the windows standard vga adapter driver. It works fine in safe mode and before the windows 7 welcome screen then it goes dead as it loads windows. The VGA port works 100% fine all the time.

I don't game on my machine so I would just use the MS Standard VGA drivers but I can't configure my dual display as extended only a clone.

Any ideas why this has happened? Have tried a few different versions of the intel driver from website but all have the same results, have also tried a system restore to a few days ago when it was working and removed any windows updates that happened today but still no joy.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Allan,

Originally I was using a driver that came with my Asus p8h77-m from cd. Then when I had the incident I was using a driver that was automatically downloaded through windows update service, so to be honest I don't know what version I had. Since the incident I have tried the driver in the link link that you sent (Win&_64_152612) and also two versions I got from the asus website which are apparently V815102618 & V815102669.

Have tried monitor via DVI in another computer now and it works ok but I still have the problem with this machine, no DVI output just before windows welcome screen (shows windows loading and works in safe mode and with standard VGA drivers).

Hope you can help allan, I am relying on you my ol pal.

Regards,

Will

0 Kudos