1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 31, 2012 5:59 PM by Steve17

DZ77GA-70K bios update

Tadashi Dalba

I want update bios just from windows but on intel download center there are two files for download:

GAZ7711H.86A.0049.EB.EXE

GAZ7711H.86A.0049.EB.WINPE64.EXE

I'm in windows 7 x64 wich is the correct one for my os config? really I do not want brick the board.

• 1. Re: DZ77GA-70K bios update
          Steve17

I ran into the same thing this morning.  My board is DZ77BH-55k, but the confusion is the same.

I tried the first one first, the EB.EXE one.  The computer shutdown and rebooted quickly into Win7.  I got the message that the update failed.  I checked and I still had the old BIOS.

Then I tried the second file (the WINPE64 one) and I read the instructions.  It said to kill all other programs before beginning.  I did so and it worked. It shut down, then I got a screen telling me of all the things it was installing. This took several minutes.  Then it rebooted Win7. Mission success.

I don't know if killing the other programs first made it work.  I would guess using the second file made it work.  Any way it worked and I didn't screw up the computer.

My suggestion is use the second one and kill any other programs first.