I have computer with this hardware configuration:
- Intel DP67BG motherboard, BIOS version BGP6710J.86A.2185
- Intel i7-2600K
- 8GB Memory (2x4GB 1600MHz Kingston).
- Intel SSD 510 Series 250GB
- Asus GTS 450 1GB GDDR5
- Chieftec CFT-750-14C 750W
I Installed Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 ENG x64 in EFI mode.
But I have some boot performance issues in EFI mode.
After standard POST finish I get about 30 seconds black screen and solid light HDD led.
Then HDD led start to blink I see “STARTING WINDOWS” text but Windows flag animation don’t start.
Windows remains in this state about 2-3 minutes with “STARTING WINDOWS” text and solid light HDD led. After this long time HDD led start to blink and I see Windows flag animation above “STARTING WINDOWS” text. Rest boot process is normal.
Total boot time is about 5 minutes !!!
I don’t know why I got this issue.
SATA is in AHCI mode.
I changed SATA data cable, I switch SSD form 6GB/s SATA controller to 3GB/s controller but result is the same. SSD drive working because I used and tested it in two computers before.
The same issue is on Windows 7 SP1 x64 inbox drivers and with installed latest outbox drivers:
- Intel® Chipset Device Software (INF Update Utility) 22.214.171.1249
- Intel® Rapid Storage Technology Driver for Intel Desktop Boards 126.96.36.1997
- Intel® PRO Network Connections LAN Driver 17.1
- Realtek ALC Audio Driver 6662
- Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Driver 188.8.131.52
- Ralink Wireless LAN Driver 184.108.40.206
- Motorola Bluetooth 2.1+EDR USB Device 220.127.116.115
- Marvell eSATA Driver 18.104.22.16800
- Intel® ME 7: Management Engine Driver for Intel 6 Series Chipset-Based Desktop Boards 22.214.171.1241
- nVidia 301.42 WHQL driver
I try to enable FAST Boot technology, disabled POST codes and messages, but result is still the same.
Does anyone have any suggestions what this might be the reason?