1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 30, 2012 11:52 AM by Diego_Intel

What are the USB 3.0 driver files that I need to slipstream into Microsoft Windows 7 ISO?

wonder.woman

Hi guys,

Below are some essential information about my laptop PC:

- Intel Ivy-Bridge CPU i7-3612QM

- Intel HM77 chipset

- 4 USB 3.0 ports, one of which is power-shared

- 8 GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM

- Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1 (x64)

- BIOS set to AHCI

- Intel USB 3.0 extensible host controller

I was a TechNet PRO subscriber till a few months ago. During the period of my subscription, one of my downloads is the ISO image of Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1 (x64).

As we all know, Microsoft Windows 7 ISO image file does not contain USB 3.0 native drivers.

Below is the description of my problem when installing Microsoft Windows 7 from a USB thumb/flash drive:

- I "burned" the Microsoft Windows 7 ISO image file onto a USB stick using the Microsoft Windows 7 DVD/USB tool which can be downloaded for free from Microsoft's website

- I plugged the USB stick into one of the 4 USB 3.0 ports

- I made sure that the BIOS boot from the USB stick

- The Microsoft Windows Setup routine progressed till "Setup is preparing".....

- An error message popped up stating "No device drivers are detected......" My SSD and the contents of the USB stick are not listed on the menu.

Specifically what are the USB 3.0 device drivers that I need to slipstream into Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) ISO file besides iusb3hub.inf (x64) and iusb3xhc.inf (x64)?

Any help from an Intel driver support engineer would be much appreciated.

• 1. Re: What are the USB 3.0 driver files that I need to slipstream into Microsoft Windows 7 ISO?
          Diego_Intel

Hello,

Please take under consideration that loading these driver Pre-OS environment is not validated by us.

You can try loading the files contained in the "Drivers" folder of the .zip file into the image.

The HCSwitch folder is for Host controller switch drivers, Win7 folder is for the controller drivers. The X64 sub-folder is for 64bits OS and x86 is 32-bits OS.

Please note that in the ISO image, it is required to re-call the .exe file to install the driver, using the ".inf" for the installation would not work for USB 3.0 driver installation.