Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Drivers for Integrated Graphics on the Intel P6100 Mobile Processor

idata
Employee

I currently am the owner of a two year old HP G72-b49WM Notebook and, since it's far out of warranty, I'm looking for the updates related to my processor and Intel HD Graphics that it comes with. It seems that the last driver version HP came out with is 8.15.10.2189 on the date of 2011-03-17 or something like there. Knowing Intel there has to be more recent versions that could potentially boost my performance on an otherwise lackluster system. I can seem to find the correct drivers anywhere, however, and I do recognize that my system has manufacturer-specific drivers but I'm about the grab a new laptop anyways I'm not too worried about what may go wrong.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Anyone able to help me?

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi

You can find the latest Intel HD Graphics drivers for Windows 7 64 for your chipset here.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=20843&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20(64-bit)*&DownloadType=Drivers Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Windows 7* 64, Windows Vista* 64 (zip)

Please note,, your current drivers may be OEM (HP) customized for your system and may block the installing of the generic drivers mentioned above. If that is the case, you will have to install the drivers using the Device Manager "Have Disk" method to overwrite the OEM customized drivers. If you do this you will loose any customizations specific to your system. This may or may not be an issue depending on what the customizations were.

0 Kudos