1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 26, 2012 4:31 PM by Dan_Intel

GA-H67MA-UD2H SATA II issue - need help verifying

aradiel

I've searched all over the site but to no avail about this.

On 26th January 2011 I bought the GA-H67MA-UD2H motherboard (manufactured by Gigabyte) from a particular online company.

Approximately a year later the SATA II ports failed on the motherboard, matching the description here: Intel Identifies Chipset Design Error, Implementing Solution

I did repeated intensive tests, eventually even using a different motherboard but with all the other components remaining the same, and concluded that it is most definitely the SATA II ports that are failing under a heavy load.

Gigabyte's warranty information states that I need to return it to the shop where I bought it.

Over the course of the last 6 months the retailer from which I bought the motherboard has tested it twice, each time stating that there is no fault to be found.

As this is obviously not the case, it seems to me that their testing must be inadequate for verifying the issue.

What I am looking for is information that I can give them on how to replicate the issue. The only information they have given me about their tests is "Install Win7/Rebooter/Prime95/Burnin Test"

Perhaps the parameters they are using for the burnin test are not appropriate? What would be appropriate for demonstrating that the issue exists?

Note: I would have submitted this via the support pages but I could not see the chipset listed, and all the versions I tried just linked me to here.