Having more time to throw at this issue I have been fortunate enough to find a solution!
In my case that was to uninstall all the motherboard branded software that was bundled with my Mobo.
- Installed driver mention by Robert_U – still slow
- Uninstall video driver & software – still slow
- Forced safemode to test - fast
- Used "msconfig" to kill ALL "services" and "startup" items - still slow
- Uninstalled all motherboard branded software – faster
- Reinstalled graphic software and driver – still faster
- Reloaded "services" and "startup" programs – almost instant desktop
- Wi-Fi Share
- Easy Tune6
- 3D Power
- On/Off Charge
From what I can tell those are all the programs I removed... but I might have missed one or two.
I just removed any software that was "Gigabyte" branded in "uninstall or change programs". All other
Mobo software seems to cause no issues with load time.
If someone with this config wants to take the time to find out which of these programs is the offending one, please comment on results.