2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2012 11:11 AM by naenaos

D975XBX2 IDCC

naenaos

Hi,

My board's CPU fan has been running at 100% constantly and I've been trying to slow it down with SpeedFan but to no avail.

Now I've tried to download the Intel Desktop Control Center for my badaxe 2, but it seems to only exists for windows xp and vista.

Is there a tool available that easily lets me automatically change the CPU speed depening on the CPU temperature?

Unless if someone knows a detailed guide on speedfan showing how to do it for the badaxe2 i'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: D975XBX2 IDCC
          Victor_Intel

Hello Naenaos,

I understand that you are looking for an Intel(R) software to lower the processor frequency.

In regards to your inquire, Windows* 7 is not supported on your motherboard and this is why there is no compatible version of the Intel® Desktop Control Center.

The fact that your processor is running at a 100 percent usage all the time may be related to  a virus, a fresh install of the operating system may solve the issue.

Regards.

PV

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: D975XBX2 IDCC
            naenaos

Hi Victor,

Thanks for the info.

Also about re-installing windows(I'm sure I don't have viruses, but I guess sometimes you never know).

I bought a 32-bit version of Windows 7 Professional(I downloaded an iso file).

However, I want to install the 64 bit version. Is it possible for me to download a 64 bit version and install it with my 32bit Windows key?

If that is possible where do I find the download for the 64 bit?

Thanks in advance.