1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 19, 2012 5:45 PM by Nathalie@Intel RSS

WiDi losing connection. Has worked fine for two years.

A46220 Community Member
Currently Being Moderated

My WiDi has suddenly started losing it's connection to my netgear. The audio and video is choppy and after a couple minutes it the connection just cuts out.

My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite E205 with Windows 7 (64 bit). I've been using WiDi with a Netgear PTV1000 for more than two years and have only recently been having issues. I updated to the latest Intel Wireless Display driver (proset 15.1.1.0), but it did not make a difference. Also tried resetting my Push2TV box, but again it didn't help.

Any ideas what might be the issue here? I know that other wireless signals can interfere, but we haven't changed or moved our wireless router or anything like that.

• 1. Re: WiDi losing connection. Has worked fine for two years.
    Nathalie@Intel Community Member
    Currently Being Moderated

Thank you for your post.

Usually the first step is to update the wireless drivers, which you just did, next would be to check if you have new wireless devices (new neighboring wireless networks, cordless phones…etc.) these may cause wireless interference, also if you recently moved the adapter from one location to another try moving it back. And the last steps would be to update and test the Push to TV box, you might need to check with Netgear* directly for help with the firmware update and hardware test.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points