2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2012 1:39 PM by v_h_a_l

help, ram memory problems

v_h_a_l

Hello, im new here, and i need help.

i want to ask about a ram memory i recently bought, if it is compatible with my notebook, or if  it is causing some of my problems or not.

I don really know about ram, so i asked the seller what ram to buy.

the memory I bought is   CMSO8GX3M1A1333C9    8GB SODIMM valueCorsair,  DDR3-1333

and my notebook already had 2x 4GB memorys  mt16ktf51264hz-1g6m1  DDR3-1600

so i put one old plus the new one getting 12 GB ram (my notebook cap is 16gb).

but i have got some problems, like "random" freezes/restarts,  half  ram data transferece speed from novabench benchmarks, and the turboBoost of my pc seem to be disabled after the freezes, now can´t run faster than the  normal frequency (i can see it with the intel turbo boost monitor).

i read, that value ram is cheaper but cant handle overclocks and i think it could be causing the freezes.

my pc is a hp pavilion dv6-6c80la HP Pavilion dv6-6c80la Entertainment Notebook PC Product Specifications - HP technical support (Andorra - English)

and if it is not compatible, what ram should i buy, i only want to upgrade the GB keeping the speed , performance etc

im sorry if i forget to mention something,  or if it is the wrong place to post it.

pls i´m waiting for an answer, help.

• 1. Re: help, ram memory problems
          john_s@intel

Víctor and frisor,

I suggest contacting your laptop manufacturer for support. They are the ones familiar with your system's compatibility and support for it.

Regards,
          John

• 2. Re: help, ram memory problems
            v_h_a_l

hi again, as i read in some webs that putting two diferent size memorys together (or diferent brands) can cause problems, or  even to test if it was because of an 8GB memory limit, i tried to put only the new 8GB memory alone, to see if that solve the problem, but  nothing new, i had the same random shutdown/restarts, i even got one after pressing restart, with 0 aplications on and after i had reseted my notebook.

So i called the hp support team (there were some other problems too), and when i asked, he said "there shouldn´t be any problem with that ram", so my conclusion was that the memory i bought was failing, I went to where i bought to get a solution, and now they are "testing it", and im waiting.