1 2 3 Previous Next 42 Replies Latest reply: May 24, 2013 10:52 PM by stephenb.b.r RSS

Intel® Management Engine Displays 0.0.0.0 In BIOS DZ68BC (BIOS 0035, 0036 & 0037) (PCH Also Shows 0. Temp On BIOS 0037)

stephenb.b.r Community Member
Currently Being Moderated

As the title states the Intel management engine firmware displays 0.0.0.0 it has been displaying this since a bios recovery of the crappy BIOS 0035 when i upgraded to i7-3770 recently, tho the recovery solved my issue but the management engine has been displaying 0.0.0.0 in BIOS, even as today i updated the BIOS to 0036 but that still shows 0.0.0.0, i even downloaded latest drivers at first refused to install stating computer doesn't meet requirements then after i restarted i tried installation again and it went through successfully despite the fact that in BIOS Management Engine Displays 0.0.0.0, why does it not display the version its supposed to? and is it working even tho its not displaying version? i want it fixed. while installing new BIOS 0036 i saw it indicating that it has installed management engine so whats up?

DSC00015.JPG

• 1. Re: Intel® Management Engine Displays 0.0.0.0 In BIOS DZ68BC

Any help on how to get it to work, coz in windows i just realized i have the yellow question mark in device manager, I would like this to be fixed this is not good, Intel fix this issue now is the waiting game again, another very many months before a fixed BIOS is available

If it ain't one thing its another first was 0035 crap crippling motherboards, now 0036 with Intel management engine issues

Tho i first saw the problem in 0035 after instructed by tech to run recovery after installing i7-3770 and had some boot up issue which got fixed but Intel ME started showing 0.0.0.0 initially while running on i5-2500K and BIOS 0035 ME worked even while having Boot up problem after installing i7-3770 it was working till i run recovery and it become crapped up to 0.0.0.0 and BIOS 0036 still shows 0.0.0.0 even after running recovery on it once

• 2. Re: Intel® Management Engine Displays 0.0.0.0 In BIOS DZ68BC

I have found out something rather interestingly unusual, to get the Intel management engine to work, i loaded default BIOS settings and it appeared so the interesting part is i narrowed it down to what the problem might be, the only value i ever change in my bios settings is to run XMP, i have been running XMP and Intel ME was working too till the 0035 BIOS recovery before the 0036 come,

So the thing is IF XMP is enabled for memory to run at 1600MHz the Intel management engine shows 0.0.0.0 and shows yellow question mark in windows. and there is also Other devices highlighted in white i don't know what this is as its unknown device

When XMP is not used and the BIOS runs with default 1333MHz the Intel ME shows version number and i assume it works coz in windows the yellow question mark disappears and management engine seems to be fine, tho there is a strange device manager shows other devices with white question mark unknown device you have to look carefully to see it coz its not highlighted could be i have to reinstall all drivers after the processor upgrade to i7-3770.

Intel ME version displays with default memory configuration 1333MHz XMP appears to make it disappear for some unknown reason.

DSC00003.JPGDSC00005.JPGDSC00004.JPG

Shortly after restart a BIOS error appeared stating that some performance info was changed so BIOS failed to restart correctly press y to enter BIOS or N to continue with previous settings, so i entered BIOS and now the Intel Management Engine is back to 0.0.0.0 even with BIOS default settings Memory running at 1333MHz

• 3. Re: Intel® Management Engine Displays 0.0.0.0 In BIOS DZ68BC

I don't know whats up with this Intel ME, now it works and I'm using XMP 1600MHz i just don't know any more, any one with ideas please feel free to help, tho so far working Intel ME is working i still have unknown device in device manager under Other devices the above Photo shows what i mean.

So oh well i guess next DZ68BC BIOS UPDATE 00xx will solve it, and this time round it better be VISUAL BIOS coz i noticed 0036 was big 9MB most Intel Visual BIOS are around this size or less maybe 7MB

• 4. Re: Intel® Management Engine Displays 0.0.0.0 In BIOS DZ68BC

I have known what other devices unknown device is, if you have an nvidia Graphics Card its the NVIDIA High Definition Audio, i know this coz i clicked on it to update online so a quick installation of Graphics Drivers my case Nvidia's should work too, to get rid of the other devices unknown device

• 5. Re: Intel® Management Engine Displays 0.0.0.0 In BIOS DZ68BC
    AlanScott1 Community Member

stephenb.b.r wrote:

I have known what other devices unknown device is, if you have an nvidia Graphics Card its the NVIDIA High Definition Audio, i know this coz i clicked on it to update online so a quick installation of Graphics Drivers my case Nvidia's should work too, to get rid of the other devices unknown device

Right-click on the device, choose "Properties, Details".  In the Property dropdown, choose "Hardware Ids".  That will give you the hardware ID's for the device.  Use those in a google search and you should find some hits identifying what the device is.

For example, on my system (with bios 0028), here are the hardware IDs for the Intel Management Engine Interface:

7-15-2012 8-50-02 AM.jpg

• 6. Re: Intel® Management Engine Displays 0.0.0.0 In BIOS DZ68BC
    Flying_Kiwi Community Member

It looks as if you've broken one of the golden rules about BIOS flashing: ALWAYS ensure default values are in place and no overclocking is occurring before attempting to flash a BIOS. Although a flash in overclocked circumstances may appear to go through OK, often there will be problems as a result. You may find a recovery flash (while everything is at default values) fixes things otherwise, since it otherwise seems to be running OK, you could wait until the next BIOS upgrade comes along and try flashing that (again making sure default values are loaded before attempting to flash).

• 7. Re: Intel® Management Engine Displays 0.0.0.0 In BIOS DZ68BC
    londonsteve Community Member

Some additional observations...

I upgraded from 0035 to 0036 (via F7 and USB). After the update I saw the posts here regarding the ME issue and checked my system - The BIOS information screen listed my ME as version 8 (dot something). Although I did not specifically check, I'd almost certainly have spotted the driver warning around that time. All of this was a few reboots after the BIOS update and some usage of the system.

Last night, I saw the driver warning issue and have just checked the BIOS information again. "0.0.0.0" .... Hmmmm - it seems that this is a another intermittent issue. I also have the driver warning in device manager. I had not changed anything hardware or system-wise between the BIOS update and the "v8" observation or since... So it stopped working on its own.

System info DZ68BC / i7-3770 / Memory Kingston HyperX PnP KHX1600C9D3P1K2 (4x4GB - recognised at 1600MHz). No over-clocking either before update to 0036 or since.

• 8. Re: Intel® Management Engine Displays 0.0.0.0 In BIOS DZ68BC
    Flying_Kiwi Community Member

Maybe enabling the XMP profile while flashing has something to do with things otherwise this then seems to point to a problem with the BIOS itself (rather than corruption resulting from an improper flash). If a flash with all default settings still results in the zero version issue then It's time for those with affected boards to log a tech support case with Intel (and let us know what the official response is).

• 9. Re: Intel® Management Engine Displays 0.0.0.0 In BIOS DZ68BC

It has no thing to do with XMP, default settings or even the method of BIOS flash i used both F7 and recovery mode even the exe. i suspect its something to do with BIOS 0035 & 0036 initially the problem wasn't there till i run recovery as instructed by Intel tech after upgrading to i7-3770, i was previously running i5-2500K on the BIOS 0035. so after running recovery to solve boot up power problem on 0035 and i7-3770 it was solved but then Intel ME displayed 0.0.0.0, initially before recovery 0035 & i7-3770 Intel ME was showing correct version, so maybe recovery has something to do with it.

System Specs

i7-3770

DZ68BC

Corsair Vengeance 2 x 4GB 1600MHz

Seasonic X-660W

• 10. Re: Intel® Management Engine Displays 0.0.0.0 In BIOS DZ68BC

Contacted Intel Support through chat, now to wait for response coz they opened a case for me and gave me a case number

I suggest all the people with this issue should open a case it may speed up the solution likely in form of a BIOS update

The next BIOS hopefully would be VISUAL BIOS, i even made that request in my case through chat.

• 11. Re: Intel® Management Engine Displays 0.0.0.0 In BIOS DZ68BC
    londonsteve Community Member

Update to my observations above.....

My Management engine is back.... BIOS info screen shows 8.0.10.1464 (as would be expected for BIOS 36). Also no warnings in device manager.

So as suggested above, the problem is not a corrupted flash, and is intermittent.

• 12. Re: Intel® Management Engine Displays 0.0.0.0 In BIOS DZ68BC

For some reason even mine seems to be back for now, yesterday there was a time it wasn't there after powering up the computer then today i have shut down several times and powered up several times so it disappears and appears when it feels like

So defiantly has no thing to do with XMP i tried both 1333MHz and 1600MHz and results are similar, tho for me I'm running my corsair vengeance @ 1600MHz XMP and most of the time today while testing the shutdown theory the Intel ME has appeared to be working on most occasions today then yesterday when i tried to run 1333MHz it worked but when i restarted the computer a BIOS error appeared stating that some permanence settings were changed so i went into bios and Intel ME was 0.0.0.0 then i switched back to XMP 1600MHz.

So fear now switched back on and Intel ME 0.0.0.0

• 13. Re: Intel® Management Engine Displays 0.0.0.0 In BIOS DZ68BC

First email response, it has my name on the top and at the bottom name of the tech, i haven't indicated those.... I already replied

Thank you for contacting Intel® Technical Support.

As mentioned during our recent telephone conversation, we require full details of your system configuration in order to identify the root cause of the issue and to provide you with an adequate solution.

All part numbers requested should be read directly from the component itself and not from within software. The software may show many specifications of the part but will not show all of the relevant information that is required.

Please reply to this email, entering your system components into the relevant sections below. If a component is on board, please state this. If a section does not apply, please state N/A.

CHASSIS

========

·       Model:

PSU

========

·       Manufacturer:

·       Model:

·       Watt:

·       ATX revision: ATX 12V ver. 1.0, 1.3, 2.0, 2.2 or 2.3?

MOTHERBOARD

========

·       Model of Motherboard:

·       Serial Number:

·       AA Number:

If non-Intel board

·       Manufacturer:

·       Revision:

BIOS

========

If the system boots

·       BIOS version:

If system does not boot

·       Has the BIOS been updated in the past?

·       If so, approximately when was it updated? 

PROCESSOR

========

·       Model of Processor: Intel® …

·       Processor S-SPEC number (5-character alphanumeric code on the processor):

·       Processor FPO Batch number (8-character alphanumeric code on the processor):

·       Fan Manufacturer:

·       Fan Part Number:

HDD/SSD

========

If you are using a Hard Disc Drive

·       Manufacturer of HDD

·       Model of HDD

·       Size of HDD

·       Type of HDD

·       Is SATA, IDE or RAID configured?

If you are using a Solid State Drive

·       Manufacturer of SSD:

·       Model of SSD:

·       Part Number of SSD:

·       SSD Firmware Version:

MEMORY

========

·       Manufacturer:

·       Type: DDR1/2/3?

·       Part Number:

·       Population (how many modules and in which slots integrated e.g. A1, B1…)

GRAPHICS CARD

========

·       Make:

·       Model/GDDR:

SOUND CARD

========

·       Make:

·       Model:

OTHER ADD-IN CARDS

========

·       Are there any other add-in cards integrated in the system?

DVD/CD

========

·       Make:

·       Model:

·       SATA or IDE

OPERATING SYSTEM

========

·       Build-Version:

·       Service Pack:

·       Language:

For further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,

• 14. Re: Intel® Management Engine Displays 0.0.0.0 In BIOS DZ68BC
    Major_A Community Member

From the sound of it, they don't know what is going on.  I don't understand why they don't just ask for a DirectX Diagnostic dump.  They would get all that information and more.

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points