Just updated my bios from 0035 to 0036. I used the BC0036.BIO file and F7 to update the bios. BIOS update when smooth.
My system configuration:
mainbord = DZ68BC, version AAG30742-401
cpu = i7-2600K
memory = 16 Gbyte RAM (Corsair CML16GX3M4A1600C9)
video = AMD Radeon HD 6700
os = Windows 8 Release Preview x64
Fixes according to readme:
• Updated Intel® ME firmware to versions 126.96.36.1991, 188.8.131.524.
=> BIOS shows 184.108.40.206. Unclear to me how I can see that version 220.127.116.114 is present in bios.
• Updated processor support.
=> Unable to check. I have only a i7-2600K
• Updated LAN Option ROM to version 1.3.95 PXE 2.1 Build 091.
=> Didn't check
• Updated VBIOS to version 2132.
=> don't now how to verify
• Updated SATA RAID Option ROM to version 18.104.22.1683.
=> Didn't check yet. When using my Radeon video card I cannot enter the RAID BIOS menu with CTRL-I. I need to attach my display port connector to my Intel HD 3000 video port (build into the i7-2600K) and then the screen is shown much longer and CTRL-I works. This seems also an issue introduced with 0035 as it worked fine with 0028. The raid BIOS itself seems to work fine with Intel Rapid Storage driver 22.214.171.1246.
• Fixed issue where overclocking does not work as expected after BIOS update.
=> OVERCLOCKING STILL DOESN'T WORK: max turbo speed is still shown as 5900MHZ!
• Fixed issue where turbo boost does not work.
=> CPU will boost to 3.8 GHz, so seems to work
• Fixed issue where F7 update fails after changing the settings of Processor Overrides page.
=> F7 update worked fine for my hardware configuration
• Fixed issue where L2 Cache is incorrect.
=> no comment.
• Fix issue with Wake up system from S5 setting.
=> not tested yet
• Fixed issue where actual calculated CPU frequency does not match the speed displayed in BIOS Setup.
=> seems not to be fixed
• Fixed issue where computer halts at system welcome logo when certain processor is installed.
=> with i7-2600K system works fine (but it never halted before).
• Fixed yellow bang issue in Device Manager.
=> No yellow exclamation mark in device manager (was also not a problem with 0035)
• Fixed issue where Overridden Processor Turbo Speed always shows in BIOS.
=> seems not to be fixed
• Fixed issue where CPU Turbo Boost function cannot be disabled in the operating system.
=> no comments
System seems to run stable. Enabled automatic overclocking in BIOS to 4.5GHz, but that doesn't work (did in 0028).
Tip: to run Win8 Release Preview stable on the DZ68BC install Microsoft hotfix KB2727113. I have experienced a lot of freezes of Win8 on my DZ68BC with BIOS 0028 and 0035. This was however due to a defect in Win8 (resolved with that ms hotfix).
Conclusion: if you have already BIOS 0035 then upgrading to 0036 seems to be safe but it didn't resolve the overclocking problem for me. Owners of new revision of the DZ68BC (AAG30742-402 and AAG30742-403) might experience BIOS 0036 differently.
I you are now on BIOS 0028 I would recommend to wait a little bit longer until more feedback is available (upgrading to 0035 and 0036 is NOT reversible to 0028).