Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

HP Folio 13 w/ Intel HD Graphics 3000 - HMDI image extends past edges of screen on an HDTV

idata
Employee

I recently purchased an HP Folio 13 laptop, with Intel HD Graphics 3000. When I connected the laptop to my HDTV (a Sharp LC-42SB48UT) via the HDMI port, the image doesn't fit onto the screen at the 1920x1080 resolution - instead the edges of the picture are off screen as if it were zoomed in on the center of the desktop. This occurs with HP's recommended driver, Intel's latest driver, and the "can't use native resolution" fix driver. This also occurs whether I set the display to maintain scaling or custom resolution. I haven't had a chance to try the computer with any other HDMI displays. Has anyone else had this problem? Any guess as to whether its a problem with the graphics or with my TV? Thanks!hdm

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Hi there!

The HDMI display will show all supported screen resolutions if your TV is detected as digital television named Sharp LC-42SB48UT, otherwise the TV EDID will not recognized supported resolutions. Make sure you install TV monitor INF drivers.

Thanks

Allan

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

you can also try the custom scaling option in the intel UI

Open Intel UI by either pressing Clt+Alt+F12 key or by right click on desktop->Graphics Properties

Go to display settings

You should see the option of custom scaling and 2 sliders for adjusting the scaling.

Try to reduce the setting and click apply.

your problem should be resolved.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the suggestions.

Allan: The display is recognized correctly by the computer, down to the brand and model number, but there are no monitor drivers available and the resolution/image scaling is still incorrect.

Rahul: I had noticed this option before. I can bring the horizontal dimension into the screen correctly, but the slider does not allow me to alter the vertical dimension - it resets to 100 every time and the vertical dimension of the image does not change on the screen.

0 Kudos
UGrag
Beginner

I have the exact same problem as the one described by jjfoshay. I have tried the solutions proposed in the first two answers to his post, but I encounter the same difficulties jjfoshay illustrates in his reply. Moreover, I have tried to connect to different HDTVs (different both in brand and model) and they all give the same outcome. Let me also add that this problem persists, although with a slightly different magnitude, both when the laptop lid is closed and when it is open.

0 Kudos