Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Problem installing intel hd 3000 beta driver for win8 rp

idata
Employee

I am using Windows 8 Release Preview 64 bit. When i try to install the beta hd 3000 driver it gives an error that system is not compatible.

I checked all the system requirements and all are fulfilled.

Pls help, i want to run apps using opengl.

Configurations for my laptop are:

Intel 2nd gen i3 2370

4gb ram

500 gb harddisk

Intel HD 3000

AMD radeon 7650

0 Kudos
10 Replies
idata
Employee

you mention in your post you have both Intel HD Graphics 3000 and AMD Radeon 7650.

which one is active? you can't install the Intel HD Graphics driver if you're using AMD Radeon 7650 graphics.

you can't have both enabled.

and what kind of laptop are you using? list name brand and model here.

use either MS System Information tool (msinfo32.exe) or DirectX Diagnostic tool (dxdiag.exe) to gather more information about your laptop.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

i have sony vaio sve15115enb laptop with intel hd 3000 as integrated and amd 7650 as dedicated graphics.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

With the AMD 7650 set as dedicated graphics, you will need to get the Windows 8 graphics drivers from the AMD/ATI website.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I did that also. but still applications using opengl rendering are not working.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Does your laptop BIOS settings allow you to choose which graphics adapter to use? If it does, try selecting the Intel HD graphics adapter and then try the Intel HD Windows 8 WHQL drivers.

If you do this , be sure to use "Programs and Features" in the Control Panel to un-install the AMD / ATI drivers first.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

still the issue is not resolved. all the drivers are up to date and i tried using both intel hd and amd seperately one by one but no success. still opengl rendering is not happening.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Because the issue occurs with both AMD and Intel graphics, I would recommend contacting Sony for Win 8 support specific to your laptop.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

hmm . . thanx for ur help. i think dis is the last option left.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have similar problem next config:

intel core i3 m330

3 gb of RAM

I cannot find intel drivers for 1st gen of core i3 family for Windows 8. Is there any solution to add OpenGL support for my CPU for Win8?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Robert_U: but tell me one thing that why does intel driver is saying that my system is not compatible??

alexchapko: i dont think that there is any solution to this till now dear.

0 Kudos